none
OneNote fails to remember password - must be entered three times every time RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently reinstalled my workstation, and with that I installed Office 2010 Professional (64-bit).

On this machine only, however, I find that I can't authenticate in a reliable way to sync my SkyDrive-hosted OneNote notebooks.

I can remove and re-open the notebook, and it will re-sync the data from SkyDrive, but when I close and re-open OneNote, I see an error for this notebook, "OneNote needs a password to sync some of you notebooks. Click here to see the list of sections and notebooks that require passwords."

If I force a sync, it will attempt to sync, re-prompting for the password every 15-30 seconds. I always enter the correct password and always check to remember the password, but it prompts three times before the sync succeeds. Thereafter, the sync will succeed for that session. If I close and re-open OneNote, however, the problem starts again.

I've tried installing the Windows Live Sign-In assistant, but that was no help.

I've also tried deleting my saved credentials from the vault, but this appeared to have no effect.

What do I need to do to get OneNote to save the credentials and automatically sync my SkyDrive notebooks?

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Some other details:

The error code is 0xE0000024.

When I open the notebook originally, I have to log into SkyDrive using my default browser (Firefox). When I do this, the online notebook opens just fine. I can then attempt to open the notebook in OneNote, and this process takes a couple minutes (for a 3MB notebook), maybe reasonable, though it takes about 1 minute to begin the sync.

I also tried adding the notebook to OneNote using Internet Explorer (64-bit), but when I attempt this, it fails, reporting that I must have OneNote installed.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:49 PM
  • After some more research, I found that by deleting the cache and re-adding the notebook (using my default browser), the notebook appears to sync properly after a restart.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:53 PM