none
Language pack 2016 in SharePoint 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using SharePoint 2016 and create multilingual site. After that i am installing Language pack 2016 in SharePoint 2016. But Some issue arise when install language pack. So please tell me language pack necessary to install language pack 2016.

Thanks Mukesh

Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Mukesh,

You do not need to download a language pack for the same language(SharePoint
     Server installation file)you installed. These language packs are to support creation of additional languages. You can find the multi lingual language packs from here :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51492

Thanks,

Priyan

Please remember to Up Vote and Mark this as Answer if it helps.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Mukesh,

You do not need to download a language pack for the same language(SharePoint
     Server installation file)you installed. These language packs are to support creation of additional languages. You can find the multi lingual language packs from here :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51492

Thanks,

Priyan

Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:37 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Thanks for reply.

I am already using these package but it show some error during configuration time error . In my scenario i have to create multilingual site (English and Hindi). So i have install language pack 2016 in sharepoint 2016.

Thanks Mukesh

Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:51 AM
  • Hi,

Ideally your SP installation would be in English. So you just have to download the Hindi Pack and install it. You dont have to install English again.

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc262108%28v=office.16%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,

Priyan

Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:24 AM
  • Don't be too quick to click the "Download" button, like I did. If you select a different language pack other than the default, wait for the page to refresh before clicking the "Download" button. It takes a second or two. Otherwise, you'll just download the English language pack and get that error message seen in the original post. (p.s. Microsoft, if you are reading this, it would help if you would temporarily disable the "Download" button when a different language pack is selected, to save us this frustration.)
    Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:27 PM
  • Thanks for this.  I was selecting a language and wondered why the install file was still in English.  so now I waited a few seconds and got the right language pack.
    Friday, March 10, 2017 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

I visited the given link but didn't find the dropdown for language selection. It just the download button which downloads English Language pack

Friday, March 23, 2018 9:45 AM