none
Outlook try to connect with Internal URL at first and then switch back to External URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have two different URL for outlook connectivity.

Internal: mail.domain.de

External: email.domain.com

so i have laptop which is joined into the domain and i use it internally and external both and i have outlook 2016 installed in it and which is making connection with exchange 2013.

so when i am outside of the Domain and start the outlook ,my outlook start to connect with the internal URL and after a minutes it switched back to External URL and connect with server.

can someone please explain me why is this happening <?

thanks in advacne.

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

• You'll find this a lot easier to debug and provide a better experience for your users is you deploy split-brain DNS and use the same URLs internally and externally.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:24 PM
  • Hi SJ04,

I suspect it could be caching causes. I recommend you test in anther laptop which is not joined domain, to check if it will connect with the internal URL first and then switch to External URL.

And as Ed mentioned , it's recommended to deploy split-brain DNS and use the same URL both internal and external, the following article has provided more details about configuring exchange 2013 outlook anywhere, for your reference:

Exchange 2013: Configuring Outlook anywhere

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• You'll find this a lot easier to debug and provide a better experience for your users is you deploy split-brain DNS and use the same URLs internally and externally.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:24 PM
  • Hi SJ04,

I suspect it could be caching causes. I recommend you test in anther laptop which is not joined domain, to check if it will connect with the internal URL first and then switch to External URL.

And as Ed mentioned , it's recommended to deploy split-brain DNS and use the same URL both internal and external, the following article has provided more details about configuring exchange 2013 outlook anywhere, for your reference:

Exchange 2013: Configuring Outlook anywhere

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:00 AM