none
How do I import Outlook Express message files into Outlook 2013 without using LiveMail

Question

• I bought a new Windows 7 computer and have copied the Outlook Express .dbx files from the old XP computer onto the new one. Outlook 2013 's import facility does not have a .dbx option.  I  do not want to use Windows Live for anything. How do I import my Outlook Express mail files into Outlook 2013 ?

• Edited by user195 Monday, March 11, 2013 7:33 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It isn't only to Outlook 2013, other versions of Outlook cannot access the .dbx files directly.

In the situation, Windows Live Mail is needed to transfer the mail data to Outlook.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It isn't only to Outlook 2013, other versions of Outlook cannot access the .dbx files directly.

In the situation, Windows Live Mail is needed to transfer the mail data to Outlook.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:19 AM
  • It’s simple you just have to use MailMigra DBX to PST Converter (open-dbx-in-outlook2013.mailmigra.com), once emails of Outlook express are converted in PST format then you can open them in MS Outlook 2013 as it supports pst files. Just have an MS Outlook 2013 account created first for successful conversion.

Monday, February 10, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Yes, but Windows Live is not available anymore...

Monday, April 28, 2014 6:27 PM
  • There is no direct method to import Outlook express to Outlook 2013 without using Window live mail. You have first export DBX file to WLM, then import the exported DBX file on WLM and last export it to Outlook. 

To avoid the long and lengthy process as you are asking for the go for third party tool the directly converts DBX file to Outlook PST. The best DBX to PST Converter that can easily migrate DBX files to Outlook and allows users to split resultant PST file into small PST files and also performs the batch DBX file to PST Conversion.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:15 AM
  • There is no free tool available for DBX to PST Conversion, but there is a manual solution available for conversion but it takes a lot of time to complete the conversion process, it is not secure as there is always a high probability of data loss and also modifications. So iI would like to suggest you some better option that is third Party solution.
    According to me, the professional tool can help you in very short period of time, DBX to PST Converter that extracts each & every mailbox Export easily & quickly without any loss of data.
    Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:19 AM