none
synchronization schedule (incremental) no schedule set - when I set UPS incremental sync as a daily job RRS feed

• Question

• To increase the AD to SharePoint sync frequency, I changed  user profile Synchronization Schedule to Hourly from the OOTB Daily schedule. When I check UPS configuration its showing synchronization schedule (incremental) no schedule set. 
    I tried to to go back to "configure sync timer job" to to reset to hourly. It is still showing "No schedule set", so I tried daily, and that works, but when I tried another option like min (which I set to 59), that doesn't work either. Any idea? I need to run it hourly.

Also looks like the Hourly job is not able to process the AD changes properly. Is there any known issues around making AD sync hourly?

Thanks in advance

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:52 PM

Answers

• This is due to the code for where it says "No Schedule Set" only looking for specific types of schedules:

Because an SPHourlySchedule or SPMinuteSchedule is not defined above (to display the status), it returns the default value of "No Schedule Set".

This *shouldn't* impact running the job more frequently than daily, but depending on the size of your organization, this could incur significant performance impacts to both the SharePoint Server running UPSS as well as the Profile/Sync databases.  I would not recommend it.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:02 AM