none
Problem with Outlook 2003 PRF File RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a new PRF file using the Office 2003 Resource Kit.  I had this working for Outlook 2002 but it does not work in 2003.  My issue is when I start Outlook I immediately get an error saying the name was unable to be matched to a name in the address book.  When I click OK on the error it brings up the Exchange Server configuration screen and the Mailbox value is set to %username%.  Why isn't it picking up on the username currently logged into the computer?  My client is Windows 7 SP1 64-bit and I'm trying to connect to my Exchange server without having to type the username for each new installation.  Thanks for any help.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you test it with a fresh installed computer?
    Have you used both the Custom Installation Wizard and command “outlook.exe /importprf” methods to deploy the profile?
    I would suggest you fully follow the steps in the article blew to determine which could be the reason that PRF file doesn’t work as expected:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office-2003-resource-kit/customizing-outlook-profiles-by-using-prf-files-HA001140258.aspx

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Yes, I created the PRF file using the CIW.  %username% shows up during the configuration of the Outlook profile but I was expecting it to fill in the currently logged in users name.  It does not.  Obviously Active Directory cannot resolve %username% because it does not exist in our domain.
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:13 PM