none
Exchange 2013 / Office Web App integration FAIL RRS feed

• Question

•  

With a new installation of 2 server with Windows 2012 / Exchange 2013 (CAS & Maibox Roles)
    I cant seem to integrate Exchange into the Office Web App servers (2 of them) (Farm)
    The kicker is; We have Sharepoint 2013 rendering Office content as expected from the OWA farm

OWA farm was setup by someone else so I can elaborate much on that. 
    We are using an internally generated certificate
    The OWA Web farm is still considered development so I can perform configuration changes

Attempting to render an Office document from (Exchange OWA) produces a message box....

Title: Microsoft Word Web App
    Message: Sorry, there was a problem and we can't open this document. If this happens again try opening the document in MS Word.

On the Exchange Server
    Set-OrganizationConfig -WACDiscoveryEndPoint https://officewebapps.ezweburl.com/hosting/discovery

Concerning the command above if successful, Event ID 140 & 142 are logged
    Concerning the command above if failure, Event ID 141 are logged
    One server I get success, other server produces NOTHING in the application log

Get-OrganizationConfig | Format-List WACDiscoveryEndPoint (Returns the correct URL)
    Navigating to https://officewebappserver.domain/hosting/discovery returns xml configuration information

Running (below)
    Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "Servername\owa (Default Web Site)" -ForceWacViewingFirstOnPublicComputers $true -ForceWacViewingFirstOnPrivateComputers $true 

(Successfully ran and verified with)
    Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | FL *wac*

Running Get-OfficeWebAppsMachine = Produced Unhealthy results
    Installed the WCF Service \ HTTP feature which produced Healthy results from command above

Attempting to open an Excell document produces in the browser.....
    Runtime Error
    An application error occurred on the server. Run on the server to get more information bla bla bla......

IM pretty much at a stand still considering this issue. There's lots of information about OWA, but as far as I've seen not a lot of troubleshooting capabilities. 

Not to mention I've perform the OWA installation in my DEV enviroment with approximately the same Exchange server OWA farm specific configurations. In that enviroment, Exhcange doesnt render the document with OWA, but yet I think its own iFilter. 

Considering SharePoint 2013 utilizes OWA correctly, I have to assume  the server is somewhat configured correctly. What could I be missing on the Exchange server? 

Thanks

Djoe

Saturday, April 12, 2014 3:25 AM