none
Grouped Listview-Rendering not working with webpart-filter RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    i have a problem with document libraries, which has a grouped view and are connected to a query-string-filter-webpart.

    Everything works like a charm when opening the first time.


    But if i checkout one document, the view lists all the groups, as if the filter is not applied.

    The count number lists all documents, and even all groups are listed. But if i expand the other groups, they are all empty.

    It seems the filter is working correct, but the list-view-rendering does not reflect the results.

    This bug is always reproducible on all document-libraries.

    System:

    Sharepoint 2013 Enterprise Edition ver. 15.0.4805.1000



    Monday, October 24, 2016 9:09 AM

All replies

  • Hi Thomas,

    I don't have a SharePoint 2013 environment with 15.0.4805.1000, so, I tested on SharePoint Online.

    In my testing, it also could work well when there was one Checked-out file.

    So, for this issue, I suggest you install the latest CU for your SharePoint 2013.

    Thanks,

    Wendy


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:21 AM
    Moderator
  • Installed CU October 2016 -> Core ver. 15.0.4867.1002

    Problem still exists.

    Procedure:

    1.) Add "Query string list filter"-webpart to a document-library-view (e.g. "/Forms/AllItems.aspx") and connect both webparts.

    2.) Append filter parameter in URL: "/Forms/AllItems.aspx?Param1=1" -> view show correct documents.

    3.) Checkout one document -> view shows incorrect documents (all groups are visible but not expandable).


    Thursday, November 3, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Tested on two different environments (Test and Live) -> same problem.

    Seems to be a confirmed bug.

    Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:51 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

    For this issue, I suggest you open a ticket from Microsoft, more professinoal will assist you.

    Thanks,

    Wendy


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Friday, November 4, 2016 1:36 AM
    Moderator
  • How and where do i open a ticket without being charged ?
    Friday, November 4, 2016 10:29 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

    You can contact Microsoft via the link:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

    If this issue is a bug, it will be free.

    Thanks,

    Wendy


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:00 AM
    Moderator
  • OK, this, as feared, is not an option to solve this problem:

    • Proposed as answer by justpam Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by justpam Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:30 PM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:31 AM
  • I know this is an old post but maybe it will help someone in the future. In my case the problem had to do with the list paging and/or the grouping limit settings on a list view page. My view was set to page every 30 lines and the group limit was also set to 30 items. I changed the settings in Sharepoint Designer and set both to 0 and set the paging to FALSE. This seemed to fix my problem and all the items showed in the correct groups. The display applied the filters correctly too. I was using 2 date filters to display items that were entered within a user specified date range.
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:36 PM