none
Sharepoint 2010: When a document migrates to another library, how can it retain its workflow history? RRS feed

• Question

• In Sharepoint 2010, we create documents in one library. We run OOTB approval workflows on the documents, then migrate the documents to a Document Center. After the migration, the documents retain all of the tags created in the first libarary. (The documents are part of a high level content type.) However, I cannot figure out how to view the workflow history once  the document migrates to the Document Ceter.  I assume the history still exits, and we need to open up the properties of the document and see its workflow history after we moved the document.  Does anyone know how this might be done?
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Workflows are stored in a workflow document library on the same site as the document.  Workflow history items are stored in a list on the same site.  Neither of these go with the document to the Document Center.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:55 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:21 AM
  • Clayton -

Since we know that the workflow history does not migrate to the document center with the document, how do we maintain or transfer the links so when auditors are looking for the workflow history of that document within the document center?

Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:06 PM