none
Teaming not possible in Win10pro Insider Builds 10565 and 10576 - error 87

Question

• I'm trying to setup network teaming within Win10pro Insider Build 10565. I use the following command in an elevated powershell console:

New-NetLBFOTeam -Name "1GBitTeam" -TeamNICName "1GBitTeam" -TeamMembers Ethernet* -TeamingMode SwitchIndependent -LoadBalancingAlgorithm Dynamic -Confirm:$false

However I get the following error:

New-NetLBFOTeam : The parameter is incorrect.
    At line:1 char:1
    + New-NetLBFOTeam -Name "1GBitTeam" -TeamNICName "1GBitTeam" -TeamMembe ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 87,New-NetLbfoTeam

The same command works perfectly in other Windows versions (Win10pro Build 10240, Win8.1ori, Server 2012R2, Server 2016 TP3) on all my PCs. Only with build 10565 I Get this error.

So it seems to me that there is a bug in this preview version.

Is there a workaround?

Edit: Just got build 10576 via Windows Update - same problem.
    • Edited by GeriOnline Sunday, November 01, 2015 5:38 PM Some more info
    Sunday, November 01, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• Well got the same error with your command on any Win 10 I tried (10240 & 10576), so tried it on a Server 2016 TP3 and got a different and imho much more useful error.

New-NetLBFOTeam : The only valid LoadBalancingAlgorithms in a Virtual Machine are 'TransportPorts', 'IPAddresses', and 'MacAddresses'
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MiClientApiError_InvalidParameter,New-NetLbfoTeam

All my test machines are VM's. So changed the command too;

New-NetLBFOTeam -Name "1GBitTeam" -TeamNICName "1GBitTeam" -TeamMembers Ethernet* -TeamingMode SwitchIndependent -LoadBalancingAlgorithm IPAddresses -Confirm:$false

It completed ok, created the team. New-NetLbfoTeam has the options listed.

So what other differences between machines. Is this a VM you are trying on?

• Edited by -Mr Happy- Sunday, November 01, 2015 5:39 PM
    Sunday, November 01, 2015 5:38 PM
  • No, I'm trying to setup teaming on physical machines and got the described error 87 with 10565. Meanwhile I tried this also on a just upgraded VM with 10576, changed the LoadBalancingAlgorithm to IPAdresses ... and got the same error.

The strange thing is that I never saw those error messages in previous Windows versions (Win10pro Build 10240, Win8.1pro, Server 2012R2, Server 2016 TP3) neither with physical nor virtual machines.

Powershell always created the team without problems.

???

Sunday, November 01, 2015 6:00 PM
  • Ah sorry! Got mixed up with what Windows version I was on, so indeed it works in 10240, but not in 10576! Sorry my mistake.

Just had a look in Feedback, this is listed, just up voted it. Cannot see any work around nothing in the GUI for the teaming it appears, and trying the PowerShell command with just the required parameters still gives the parameter error.

Sunday, November 01, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Sounds that we have to wait for a newer build which fixes this issue. Hopefully already with the upcoming TP4 of Server 2016
    Monday, November 02, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Tuesday, November 10, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Any luck with build 10586?

No get the same The parameter is incorrect error on 10586.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:55 PM
  • Still same issue with 10586 (EN and DE)

Gerhard

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 4:52 PM
  • I get the same issue

I run New-NetLbfoTeam -name Team1 -TeamMembers "Ethernet", "Ethernet2" -TeamingMode LACP and i get the error

New-NetLbfoTeam : The parameter is incorrect.

FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 87,New-NetLbfoTeam

I just upgraded to Windows 10 build  10586.3. I had my NICs teamed via the Intel PROset software but after the upgrade Microsoft loaded their own drivers and the Intel software no longer functions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:06 AM
  • Same error on my side. I had a perfect Intel LAN team working on Windows 10 RTM but the latest Windows 10 Version 1511 update destroyed the Intel LAN team and replaced the Intel driver with ones which does not offer LAN teaming in the adapters config tabs and after installing the lasted Intel driver again, the tab is there but the group settings dialog shows "page can't be displayed". If I use the proposed powershell script, it returns Windows System Error 87, New-NetLbfoTeam. So double error: Intel driver teaming tab does not work and teaming in powershell does also not work.

Please resolve!!!

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Ah, just what I was afraid of... Updated to TH2 and of course the teaming support is gone. Windows gets less and less "pro" with higher builds. :( Hopefully we'll live to see some fix though...
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:00 PM
  • Just tried out New-NetLbfoTeam on TP4 of Server 2016 - works!

Please note: TP4 gives nearly the same winver info as Win10 TH2 / 10586:

Microsoft Windows Server
    Version 1511 (OS Build 1586.0)

whereas Win10 TH2

Microsoft Windows
    Version 1511 (OS Build 1586.3)

So where is the difference? Maybe that teaming is more common with servers, but if a cmdlet exists it should work!

Gerhard

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Well just setup a team on a TP4 server, but through Server Manager, so that is a difference, no GUI option in Windows 10.

To me the Common Information Model (CIM) CimException in Windows 10 points to being lower down in level like some change in Windows 10 has changed CIM for NICs but the PowerShell command has not been updated.

Monday, November 23, 2015 8:48 PM
  • I also have this same issue with the 10586.14 build, was tearing my hair out thinking I'd typed something incorrectly. :(

Please restore this awesome feature!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 11:11 PM
  • Issue with teaming in Server TP4 Tagged VLANs with NIC teaming on Server 2016 TP4

Not the same issue but interesting perhaps with '...Due to a change in the underlying architecture from NetCfg to NetSetup, NIC Teaming is broken in TP4...' comment by Don Stanwyck Sr. PM, Windows Server Networking, Microsoft.

Friday, November 27, 2015 7:53 PM
  • Any updates on this? Does Microsoft know if a fix will be released?
    Monday, December 07, 2015 5:14 AM
  • When will this issue be solved?
    Waiting for fast access to my NAS (4xGBit) from my Win10 machine (2xGBit).

Friday, December 25, 2015 7:48 PM
  • Same issue here this is very frustrating the it has not been at least mentioned by MS, let alone fixed
    • Edited by NYCDC Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:18 AM
  • just tested 11082 -> Still no go..

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:37 PM
  • I'm having the same issues here. The nic teaming used to work just before Windows 10 decided to upgrade itself. Right after that Teaming adapter disappeared. Cannot setup the teaming anymore. Very frustrating Microsoft!

C#,WPF Best Practices http://rubenhak.com

Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:24 PM
  • I would say everyone has this issue, so I have.
    But you are right, it's very frustrating. Intel is aware of this and if you download the driver you could see at the download page, that there is a Teaming and VLAN issue with Windows 10.

According to the Intel support forum they are working together with Microsoft to solve this but it seem to be a OS issue and not a driver issue.

Friday, January 01, 2016 7:04 PM
  • I'm jumping right in here with the same Issue.

The Teaming solution from Intel worked well on 8.1, now I updated to Win10 and it killed it...

And the PowerShell Solution gives this "well known" Message:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> new-netlbfoteam Team1 IntelPro1,IntelPro2 Staticnew-netlbfoteam : Falscher Parameter.In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1+ new-netlbfoteam Team1 IntelPro1,IntelPro2 Static+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam   ], CimException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 87,New-NetLbfoTeam

So I guess there isnt any Solution yet and we have to wait for MS to solve, hum?

Saturday, January 02, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Are there any news on this issue?

It's been almost 3 Months now.

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Latest insider build 11099 here, and it still doesn't work.

Microsoft, what are you doing?

Will NIC teaming work on Windows 10 one day?

Friday, January 15, 2016 11:40 AM
  • 10586.63 here, same issue:

error 87

Friday, January 15, 2016 8:06 PM
  • in 11099 the error has changed for me though.

Before it would be a Error 87, now it errors with -2147024809

Not really progress, but it looks like something changed.

Friday, January 15, 2016 8:07 PM

• I just tried it with no luck (10586.63) too!

Come on Microsoft!!!
    Saturday, January 16, 2016 4:20 AM
  • version 11102 - Still no go....COME ON Microsoft !

Friday, January 22, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Build 14251 - Still no Go. Grrr...

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:29 PM
  • Same issue here as well.  Microsoft, please fix this error.  It's been happening for the better part of 3 months now.
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:30 AM
  • Microsoft, Please Fix or Re-enable this feature.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511, OS Build 10586.71

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Can anyone ask Microsoft if they can say something officially ?
    Wednesday, February 03, 2016 12:03 PM
  • Same as previous build errors in Build 14257, -2147024809

Friday, February 05, 2016 12:19 AM
  • I can confirm the same issue as of Build 10586  - Feb 14 2016.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:17 PM
  • I'm sure they are horribly embarrassed and have ZERO intention of stating anything officially about breaking this.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:50 PM
  • Build 14267 has a different error \ message, still does not work but a sign of progress perhaps...

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-NetLBFOTeam -Name "1GBitTeam" -TeamNICName "1GBitTeam" -TeamMembers Ethernet* -TeamingMode S
    witchIndependent -LoadBalancingAlgorithm IPAddresses -Confirm:$false
    New-NetLBFOTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam],
       CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MI RESULT 1,New-NetLbfoTeam

Friday, February 19, 2016 11:25 PM
  • I'm getting the same error 87 as everyone else trying to setup NIC teaming in Windows 10. Very disappointed, was hoping to use Windows 10 to run Hyper V. Will be looking to see if I can use Hyper V Server 2012 R2 instead.
    • Edited by Ben42351253 Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:39 PM
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:36 PM
  • I ended up installing Ubuntu and setting up KVM. Thanks Microsoft for wasting about 5 hours of my time.

I tried Windows 10, I was excited installing Hyper V and wanted to team the NIC's a very reasonable request and the product didn't work as expected.

• Edited by Ben42351253 Sunday, February 21, 2016 3:17 PM
    Sunday, February 21, 2016 3:16 PM
  • The error still in build 14271 release 160218-2310

Stil stuck in 10240 because of this. Come on MS. Fix this.

How can you expect people to keep updating/upgrading windows 10 versions when features are not working for this amount of time.?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-NetLbfoTeam -name Team1 -TeamMembers Ether* -TeamingMode LACP
    New-NetLbfoTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    + New-NetLbfoTeam -name Team1 -TeamMembers Ether* -TeamingMode LACP
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam],
       CimException

Tuesday, March 01, 2016 10:42 AM
  • Still not fixed, is Microsoft trying to kill windows with this not caring about bugs on even latest windows?

Error 87...

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 8:22 PM
  • So I have done a little debugging and from what i can find the error is occurring not when initially executing the command but rather finalizing the settings

If you type just new-netlbfoteam it takes you through a setup like process where it asks you to specify the name and then the actual names individually and it does that process successfully but when you enter your final name and hit enter to confirm the end of nics it gives error 87. Idk if this will help anyone find a possible solution but its worth a shot.

What i was seeing if anyone was curious

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> new-netlbfoteam

cmdlet New-NetLbfoTeam at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    Name: teamnic
    TeamMembers[0]: Ethernet
    TeamMembers[1]: Ethernet 2
    TeamMembers[2]:

new-netlbfoteam : The parameter is incorrect.
    + new-netlbfoteam
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 87,New-NetLbfoTeam

EDIT:

So i followed the error it gives as far as opening the file where the definition is for the command, i have also done research into what exactly CIM is and CIM is basically a microsoft API. so from what im understanding somewhere in the definition for new there is an error that the system is not recognizing the new operator.

<Cmdlet>
            <CmdletMetadata Verb="New" ConfirmImpact="High"/>
            <Method MethodName="cim:CreateInstance">
              <Parameters>
                <Parameter ParameterName="New">
                  <Type PSType="System.String" />
                  <CmdletParameterMetadata IsMandatory="true" Position="0">
                    <ValidateNotNull />
                  </CmdletParameterMetadata>
                </Parameter>

Thats the code for the new action where the info for it is defined. My guess is the class being extended at the beginning of this document does not have CreateInstance defined for this specific piece. The biggest problem here is that because we cannot create netlbfo's in the first place we cant test the rename functions and what not to see if it is isolated to new or if it is a global issue.

Friday, March 04, 2016 4:44 AM
  • Build 14279 still no go.. Error has gone back to the one from 11099
    Sunday, March 06, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Use Windows 10 Build 10586.104  The Error Persists

How Can I Fix Error 87,Beacuse I Need To Use LACP  Work On Windows 10。

Thursday, March 24, 2016 8:29 AM
  • NIC Teaming still not working with Win10.

Hopefully Microsoft is prioritizing to get a fix done although they are offering Win10 for free.
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Tested on 14295 still errors, same error for me as other recent Insider builds I have tried, The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:16 PM
  • adding my fuel to the fire, please fix this.  I'd like nic teaming/aggregation back!
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:32 PM
  • As so many we definitely need this feature! How are we supposed to upgrade if it actually means downgrade functionwise?
    Friday, April 01, 2016 8:07 AM
  • I found this forum https://communities.intel.com/thread/77934?start=60&tstart=0

Intel has been making progress and working with Microsoft on implementing a fix. From what ive gathered this NIC Teaming feature was omitted from the client OSes. The server OSes don't have this problem.

It sounds like Microsoft will be releasing a hotfix sometime in the future to address this.

Friday, April 08, 2016 12:56 AM
  • No go still on 14328 :(

PS C:\Windows\system32> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    5      1      14328  1000

PS C:\Windows\system32> New-NetLbfoTeam -TeamMembers Ether* -Name '2Gpbs Team'
    New-NetLbfoTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    + New-NetLbfoTeam -TeamMembers Ether* -Name '2Gpbs Team'
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam],
       CimException

Saturday, April 23, 2016 6:43 PM
  • Absolutely pathetic that Microsoft still hasn't weighed in on this nearly 6 months after the issue was discovered.

Saturday, April 30, 2016 5:11 AM
  • No go on 14332 either. I'm thinking that it isn't a bug; Microsoft may have removed it. It probably undermined a selling feature of Server 2016.

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-NetLbfoTeam TEAM1 "Ethernet","Eathernet 2","Eathernet 3","Eathernet 4"
    + New-NetLbfoTeam TEAM1 "Ethernet","Eathernet 2","Eathernet 3","Eathern ...
       CimException

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    5      1      14332  1001

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:26 AM
  • Yes! It's very disappointing that Microsoft hasn't bothered to say anything about this.  If they told us a fix was coming, I could wait.  If they said this feature is gone for good, I could invest in new hardware.  Ignoring the problem is obnoxious.  After all, they haven't just ruined their own teaming solution, they have ruined most existing teaming tools. In my case, the Broadcom/QLogic tools, which used to work just fine, are now thoroughly castrated.

Microsoft, please say something.

Saturday, June 04, 2016 7:51 PM
  • PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $PSVersionTable

Name                           Value
    ----                           -----
    PSVersion                      5.1.14367.0
    PSEdition                      Desktop
    PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
    BuildVersion                   10.0.14367.0
    CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
    WSManStackVersion              3.0
    PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
    SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> New-NetLbfoTeam -Name Team -TeamMembers Ethernet* -TeamingMode SwitchIndependent
    + New-NetLbfoTeam -Name Team -TeamMembers Ethernet* -TeamingMode Switch ...
       CimException

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:23 AM
  • Still not working on preview build 14393 which is Redstone 1. Looks like it may never be enabled.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $PSVersionTable

Name                           Value
    ----                           -----
    PSVersion                      5.1.14393.0
    PSEdition                      Desktop
    PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
    BuildVersion                   10.0.14393.0
    CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
    WSManStackVersion              3.0
    PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
    SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> new-netLBFOTeam -name LANTEAM -TeamMembers "Ethernet", "Ethernet 2" -TeamingMode LACP
    new-netLBFOTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    + new-netLBFOTeam -name LANPOWER -TeamMembers "Ethernet", "Ethernet 2"  ...
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException

Friday, July 22, 2016 6:28 PM
  • There are no native LBFO capabilities on Win10. Microsoft does not support client SKU network teaming.

It was a defect in Windows 10 build 10240 that “New-NetLbfoTeam” wasn’t completely blocked on client SKUs.  This was an unintentional bug, not a change in the SKU matrix.  All our documentation continued to say that NIC Teaming is exclusively a feature for Server SKUs.

While the powershell cmdlet didn’t outright fail on client, LBFO was in a broken and unsupported state, since the client SKU does not ship the mslbfoprovider.sys kernel driver.  That kernel driver contains all the load balancing and failover logic, as well as the LACP state machine.  Without that driver, you might get the appearance of a team, but it wouldn’t really do actual teaming logic.  We never tested NIC Teaming in a configuration where this kernel driver was missing.

In the 10586 update (“Fall update”) that was released a few months later, “New-NetLbfoTeam” was correctly blocked again.

In the 14393 update (“Anniversary update”), we continued blocking it, but improved the error message.

The bottom line is that customers should NOT attempt to create teams on client SKU.  It is NOT supported on client SKU, and never has been.  Classic NIC Teaming continues to be supported in Windows Server 2016.

(Edit) NIC Teaming however can be done using 3rd party software, just the native LBFO teaming available from Microsoft is not supported on client SKUs.

Adam Rudell | Windows Networking Beta | Microsoft Corporation

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:16 PM
  • OK, so this decission might be the reason why Windows isn't my favorite choice of OS in future decissions any more. MS clearly did not understand how a powerfull workstation is used. Sorry but the argumentation is poor and the reasons are hilarious. MS clearly showed me that they do not make decissions for the customers but rather for their own money bags. But I have to thank you ARUDELL, This made the decission easy to switch over to a real powerfull OS. So I'm planning a switch-over to Linux or maybe OSX with my next big hardware upgrade. Thanks for nothing, Microsoft. :-)

Friday, September 23, 2016 8:26 AM
  • [Quote] (Edit) NIC Teaming however can be done using 3rd party software [/End Quote]

Thanks for that, but could you please provide a name or names of the software?

I find it ridiculous that I have already spent $150.00 on a Startech 2-port NIC and another $400.00 on a new ASUS RT-AC88U router (both are proudly representing that they will double your data transfer rate) only to find that Windows 10 does not support NIC Teaming.

Friday, September 30, 2016 4:48 AM
  • There are no native LBFO capabilities on Win10. Microsoft does not support client SKU network teaming.

It was a defect in Windows 10 build 10240 that “New-NetLbfoTeam” wasn’t completely blocked on client SKUs.  This was an unintentional bug, not a change in the SKU matrix.  All our documentation continued to say that NIC Teaming is exclusively a feature for Server SKUs.

While the powershell cmdlet didn’t outright fail on client, LBFO was in a broken and unsupported state, since the client SKU does not ship the mslbfoprovider.sys kernel driver.  That kernel driver contains all the load balancing and failover logic, as well as the LACP state machine.  Without that driver, you might get the appearance of a team, but it wouldn’t really do actual teaming logic.  We never tested NIC Teaming in a configuration where this kernel driver was missing.

In the 10586 update (“Fall update”) that was released a few months later, “New-NetLbfoTeam” was correctly blocked again.

In the 14393 update (“Anniversary update”), we continued blocking it, but improved the error message.

The bottom line is that customers should NOT attempt to create teams on client SKU.  It is NOT supported on client SKU, and never has been.  Classic NIC Teaming continues to be supported in Windows Server 2016.

(Edit) NIC Teaming however can be done using 3rd party software, just the native LBFO teaming available from Microsoft is not supported on client SKUs.

Congratulations, Microsoft. You have now alienated a good portion of high-end desktop computers, and their power users who use NIC teaming and have multiple NICs from getting more network throughput. There are manufacturers who sell motherboard specifically with multiple NICs for this exact reason, and you have screwed them too. All of this in an OS you basically forced on your users with hidden gotchas and catch-22's like this. You are killing your business.
    Wednesday, October 05, 2016 8:31 AM
  • The thing that annoys me most about this, is that Technet shows that this is supported, when it is not:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj130849.aspx
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 4:19 AM
  • I have a request to update this article to clarify. The cmdlets are available on Windows 10 to allow remote management of LBFO team on a SKU that supports LBFO. The New-NetLbfoTeam will be blocked from running on Windows 10 client.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 4:46 PM
  • How about any technical details about this problem? Just wondering how this can be supported in Server 2016 and not in 10 when M$ it self says there are very close to each other (and for me personal it doesn't make any sens why you should develop 2 network stacks than 1)
    Some of my customers are relaying on NIC teaming for there Video Editing Stations (Got a lot of advertise and media corps as customers). So this is the only thing that blocks currently an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cause we will definitely not buying Server License for around 1000 clients...
    If we have to, my customers will switch to Mac Pro workstations, where NIC-Teams are supported by Clients. So yeah congrats Microsoft, you are fu*%& your own customers right in the A'*§"
    Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:12 AM
  • How about any technical details about this problem? Just wondering how this can be supported in Server 2016 and not in 10 when M$ it self says there are very close to each other (and for me personal it doesn't make any sens why you should develop 2 network stacks than 1)
    Some of my customers are relaying on NIC teaming for there Video Editing Stations (Got a lot of advertise and media corps as customers). So this is the only thing that blocks currently an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 cause we will definitely not buying Server License for around 1000 clients...
    If we have to, my customers will switch to Mac Pro workstations, where NIC-Teams are supported by Clients. So yeah congrats Microsoft, you are fu*%& your own customers right in the A'*§"

I Agree...
    Monday, January 23, 2017 5:23 PM
  • Hello,

Here is an update from the Intel forums, the Microsoft portion was fixed which is what enabled this to be working with the right software and hardware from the Netcard company.

From thread post by IntInfoPlus                    Feb 12, 2017 1:33 PM

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77934?start=405&tstart=0

Microsoft has ported the fix back into Windows 10 Redstone 1 edition in KB3206632 (OS Build 14393.576) last December.

It should work right away when PROset v22 will be released.

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:45 PM
  • From my point of view you don't realy need NIC Teaming on the Client Side.

The SMB Multichannel Feature utilizes all connected Adapters to enable higher bandwith without any additional configuration. It can also link WLAN and LAN Adapters together.

• Edited by Michael-CM Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:08 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Build 15063 and still

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> new-NetLBFOTeam 10G-Team "10G-1","10G-2"
    new-NetLBFOTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    + new-NetLBFOTeam 10G-Team "10G-1","10G-2"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException

So is this feature that was working perfectly gone for good? I'd love a straight answer.

Intel solutions work logically with intel nics, which is not my case.

Ask me how happy i am with the Creators update and the disabling of this.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Build 15063 and still

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> new-NetLBFOTeam 10G-Team "10G-1","10G-2"
    new-NetLBFOTeam : The LBFO feature is not currently enabled, or LBFO is not supported on this SKU.
    + new-NetLBFOTeam 10G-Team "10G-1","10G-2"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_NetLbfoTeam:root/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetLbfoTeam) [New-NetLbfoTeam], CimException

So is this feature that was working perfectly gone for good? I'd love a straight answer.

Intel solutions work logically with intel nics, which is not my case.

Ask me how happy i am with the Creators update and the disabling of this.

See Adam Rudell [MSFT] Microsoft employee post Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:16 PM
    Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:27 PM