none
Create a Transport rule to Redirect & Reject Email from Specific Sender RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to reject emails from a specific external user towards any of the internal user on Exchange 2013.

Email should be rejected with a message 'User does not exist" and should also be redirected to a specific internal user irrespective of to whom it was sent.

If I am selecting both the options to Reject with Enhanced status code & Redirect - it is giving me an error that only one option can be used in single rule.

However If I am creating 2 rules (1st to redirect the Emails and 2nd to reject the emails), even then the email is not getting redirected (May be it is getting rejected as the sender will remain same)

Please suggest a working solution if someone had created such rules.

Supreet Singh

Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I want to reject emails from a specific external user towards any of the internal user on Exchange 2013.

Email should be rejected with a message 'User does not exist" and should also be redirected to a specific internal user irrespective of to whom it was sent.

If I am selecting both the options to Reject with Enhanced status code & Redirect - it is giving me an error that only one option can be used in single rule.

However If I am creating 2 rules (1st to redirect the Emails and 2nd to reject the emails), even then the email is not getting redirected (May be it is getting rejected as the sender will remain same)

Supreet Singh

Whats the business requirement here? If you think about it, its not logical to reject a message and then also redirect it to another mailbox. 
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

Supreet Singh

Whats the business requirement here? If you think about it, its not logical to reject a message and then also redirect it to another mailbox. 
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 12:52 PM
  • Hi Supreet,

As far as i know, there is no such a transport rule that let messages can be rejected as well as redirected at the same time. 

As the error mentioned, you can select only one option(Reject or Redirect) in a single rule. If create two rules  corresponding to these two options, the messages will apply one rule only.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 20, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Hi Supreet,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:46 AM