none
How to reset forms back to default from customized Infopath forms? RRS feed

• Question

• Everywhere I read says go to List settings and then select Form Settings. I am using Internet explorer but get the following error Internet Explorer is required to use this feature.

I have tried Microsoft Edge and get the same error....Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Monday, June 10, 2019 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael

Simply hit F12 to bring up the Developer Tools and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the left side icon list.The one you want to click on looks like this:

Emulation

That will give you access to the Emulation settings. Change the User agent string setting to Internet Explorer 10.

2014-06-18_10-21-10

Fixing the issue by changing the User agent string

The page will reload and now SharePoint will understand that you are the good do-be that you are, speaking IE10ish instead of IE11ish. After you do your work, it’s a good idea to switch back to default so that you are speaking IE11ish again.

The Emulation settings give you a bunch of other nice tools (want to act like an XBox360?), so if you have interest in testing things in different browsers types, etc., be sure to check out the rest of the settings as well.

https://sharepointadam.com/2012/04/24/reset-customized-list-forms-from-infopath-back-to-default/

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, June 10, 2019 8:25 PM
  • Hi, Michael

Are you using IE 11? Per my research, IE 11 or Internet Explorer version 11, have some serious issues when you use it to work with SharePoint.

For your issue, add your site into compatibility mode.

1. Click Compatibility View Settings in Settings
    2. Click Add to add the current SharePoint site to your list.

Then add your site to the trusted site.

If the issue still exists, try Lakshmanan’s solution.

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best Regards

Jerry Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi Michael,

How is everything going? Is there any update about your issue?

Best Regards

Jerry

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:55 AM