none
Approval option in workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a simple workflow  like User1 requesting an approval from the User2(approver). When User1 create an item he is able to approve himself . I want to restrict this approve option for user1 and I need User2 only have the approve option.

Kindly advice me in this regard

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Jayakumar_K.

Which permission level has the user1 been granted?
    You could consider granting that user a custom permission level that does not include any approving permission.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 11:51 AM
  • Hi Luigi,

Kindly let me know where this option available. If you explain step by step it will be really helpful to me. I am  breaking my head for past couple of days.

Thanks in advance

K.Jayakumar 

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:39 PM
  • Hi Luigi,

Kindly let me know where this option available. If you explain step by step it will be really helpful to me. I am  breaking my head for past couple of days.

Thanks in advance

K.Jayakumar 

The complete list of permissions and permission levels available in SharePoint 2013 can be found here.
    You have to create a new custom permission level that will not include any approval permission and then assign this custom permission level to the user you do not want to be able to approve items: read here to know how to create a custom permission level in SharePoint 2013.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

When an approval workflow for an item is triggered, a workflow task will be automatically created in the particular tasks list and the task is created by the workflow Initiator.

To achieve your requirement, you can create a workflow to change the permissions for the task in the workflow tasks list using SharePoint Designer and start this workflow when a task is created.

1. Create a workflow with SharePoint 2010 workflow platform type on the Task List to replace the default permissions on the task list item.

2. Add an Impersonation Step, then insert a “Replace List Item Permissions” Action to allow only assigned users have access to edit the task list items.

For more information, you can refer to the following blog:

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/66248-restrict-a-sharepoint-task-to-its-assigned-user-group

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:50 AM