none
VM exchange 2013 move another node hyper-v users cant access to mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

below configuration. Cluster Hyper-V 2-node 

2 virtuals machine exchange 2013. Configuration Dag etc. 

Problem

When move 1 VM with exchange 2013 (DAG active)  to  second node (administration works, update etc...) . Users Can't access to mailboxes. 

User after to logon OWA (nothing happend). Reeboot VM and everytink back to normal.

Where find problem ? It seems to me that the problem appeared after recent updates.

Thanks for suggestions. 

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the information you provided above, it seems that the issue caused by the updating of your windows.

To verify the result, you can try uninstalling the newly installed patch or rolling back to the previous version.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

If your DAG is failing over but clients not connecting, what error are you getting? Are you virtual switches the same on both Hyper-V nodes as it seems the servers drops network connectivity.

What errors are you seeing in the event logs?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:27 PM
  • Thanks for answer,

Dag not failing, virtual switches is the same on both HPV, look every logs  and dont have error. 

Maybe, i searching wrong. This case only if migrate one VM to another node. 

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi

Does the VM pause when you migrate it? Maybe it resumes but there are no network comms so a reboot only fixes it?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:00 PM
  • When migrate i put live migrate. but before updates windows working no problem.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

According to the information you provided above, it seems that the issue caused by the updating of your windows.

To verify the result, you can try uninstalling the newly installed patch or rolling back to the previous version.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Yes, I try, but i don't know which unistall ?

This week I know maybe more, becouse test switch vm beetwens node.

Thank's for answer.

Dawid.

Monday, November 4, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi Dawids,

Is there any update about your issue? Share your updates here if you have any progress about this issue.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

• Marked as answer by DawidS Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DawidS Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:00 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Hi I tested, and no problem now. Thank's for reply. if i find enythink i posted.

Dawid

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 11:00 AM