none
Windows 8, WP7 & Outlook Sync Issues - Send/Receive Error

Question

• Hi,

I have a 3 way sync between Live Mail, Outlook & WP7. Since upgrading to Windows 8 I keep getting sync fails in outlook so my calender never updates.

23:05:30 Synchronization error.

23:05:30 Folder Collection Sync Key: 0{3df300b9.........................

23:05:30 Message Collection Sync Key: 0{f708aca1-............................

23:05:30 Error with Send/Receive.

23:05:30 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy.The network connection is unavailable or interrupted. Please try again later.

23:05:30 Synchronizing server changes in folder XXX (live)'

23:05:30 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Contacts'

I have removed the local user outlook file and when I reopen outlook it connects to hotmail, rebuild and syncs fine. However, as soon as I make a change to the calender it fails again. Please help as at the moment Outlook  & WP7 calender is unusable

Regards

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you mean the issue only happen after you upgrading Windows 8?

Do you still install the Outlook hotmail connector in the new operation system? Assuming you are using Outlook 2010, Please reinstall the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector to check the result:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA010222518.aspx

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hi thank you for the reply.

Yes it only happened post Windows 8.

I have removed connector, my Outlook hotmail account, reinstalled connector & hotmail account. On opening Outlook again it downloads all my hotmail calendar, email & contacts but as soon as I make a change to my Outlook calender the sync error reoccurs.

Regards

Monday, December 03, 2012 8:18 PM