none
Design Manager: Where is the quick launch on Page Layouts RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just using Design Manager in 2013 and for some reason, creating designs based on Enterprise Wiki page layout does not show the quick launch menu! Out of the .aspx file that was created for the page layout, it has this code: which I think is just replacing the quick launch with empty divs. How would I get rid of this to be able to show the quicklaunch? When I try to edit the .aspx file to remove it, it doesn't let you save it to SharePoint.

asp:Content runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="PlaceHolderLeftNavBar">
       <div>
                </div>
                <div>
                </div>
                <div>
                </div>
                <div>
                </div>
                <div>
                </div>
                <div>
                </div>
            </asp:Content>

Anybody seen this before?

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks Carl, I worked out late yesterday that if you change the masterpage you inherit in design manager when you create the page layout to Seattle from Oslo it automatically includes the quick launch!
    • Marked as answer by robin thakur Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:42 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you change the aspx file via SharePoint designer?

Did you add any code to this file?

This is a reference about how to display and hide the quick launch menu.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/gg144573(v=office.14)\

Besides, you can try to copy the original master page layout file, and try to create a new page layout via the copy file.

After that, check if it works fine.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Thanks Carl, I worked out late yesterday that if you change the masterpage you inherit in design manager when you create the page layout to Seattle from Oslo it automatically includes the quick launch!
    • Marked as answer by robin thakur Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:42 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:42 AM