none
File Save location is not pointing to Network share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Installed Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803

Installed Office Version : Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus - en-us 16.0.11328.20438

User attempts to save the Office applications document under My Documents and Desktop. However when user clicks My Documents or Desktop (\\fileserver\documents\userA) then they are instead directed to the following folder:AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts

It happens only with Windows 10 + Office 365. It does not happen in Windows 10 + Office 2013 and Windows 7 + Office 2013.

Please help to solve the issue

Regards, Boopathi

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you select the Network share(\\fileserver\documents\userA)?

Did this problem only appear in Office application? How about other applications? Please test with Notepad and let me know the result.

How did you share your Documents and Desktop to other users?

Did this problem appear in all users PC?

Please be a bit more precise to explain your problem or you can upload a screenshot so that I can get more accurate solutions to this problem. I’m glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

Notepad saves in the Network share(\\fileserver\documents\userA). Only issue with Office applications. Default path is changed from C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ to \\fileserver\documents\userA but it did not help. 

Regards, Boopathi

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:49 PM