none
OneDrive for Business(On Premises), unable to sync all the folders to local computer RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

my client is having OneDrive for Business(On Premises). One user wanted to download all the files from OneDrive to local computer or Sync to local folder. when we select files and clicked on Sync button, it popup for credentials and when we enter organization credentials it gives error.

When I click on OneDrive Symbol from computer. it prompts for credentials but for Office365

Can someone please guide me here, how to sync or download all the files from OneDrive to local computer.

MercuryMan

• Edited by MercuryMan Sunday, September 8, 2019 1:38 PM
    Sunday, September 8, 2019 1:30 PM

All replies

• You need to install the older OneDrive for Business (Groove) client. The new client, which you're picturing, will not work with SharePoint 2016.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, September 8, 2019 3:25 PM
  • Hi MercuryMan, 

As Trevoor said, you are using new OneDrive sync client now which is not supported on SHarePoint on premise. 

You need to install previous OneDrive for Business sync client.

Which version of OneDrive am I using for your reference:

http://howtomicrosoftofficetutorials.blogspot.com/2017/02/which-version-of-onedrive-am-i-using.html

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 9, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Hi MercuryMan, 

Please remember to mark the helpful posts as answers.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi Trevoor,

Noticed that, there was no OneDrive for Business client was installed in my host machine and my IT help desk they have installed it and I am able to sync all the files from OneDrive. But when I go through it still prompt me for the credentials as I have shown above.

thanks a lot for you answer. hope it will help for others

MercuryMan

Sunday, September 15, 2019 6:41 AM
  • They installed it from Office 2016 media?

Sounds like the handler is not correct if that is the case. 

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 5:00 PM
  • Hi MercuryMan, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hi MercuryMan, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:35 AM