none
issues opening downloaded programs RRS feed

• Question

• hello! I am hoping someone can help me ASAP. I am running windows Vista, and I have been trying to figure out how to resolve this, but everything has failed. After factory restore on my PC (it was used), i installed all updates on the PC, except Java, which had to be done via internet. i attempted to do so. Failed. The download shows it is downloading, then shows up in downloaded files. HOWEVER, i cannot open said files, and they do not show up in my system ANYWHERE. i have no idea what is going on as even other downloads wont open. i even tried doing the microsoft FIXIT, and it wont allow that to be downloaded either. so i ran a system check via the command prompt suggestion i found and it found corrupted files that the system itself could not fix. when i went to try and prompt it to see the log for more information, it said it could not open it. ("cannot open 'c:/cbs.log'") What is going on with my computer and how do i fix it?????
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:27 AM

All replies

• Locate the software download on the internet,instead of installing,R.click on the download,select "save as"

save to desktop,or other folder,once thru,locate download & open.Also,check youre firewall settings,exception

tab,allow youre web browser,set others as needed.Also,open internet options,edit all tabs,in advanced tab,locate the "set to advanced settings",make sure youre security settings are at default also...

Sunday, December 6, 2015 3:37 AM