none
SharePoint 2013 Search - Query Rule Usage reports have no usage data for custom query rules RRS feed

• Question

• We have implemented several query rules for promoted results.  When I check the report available for query rule usage by month, I can see all of the query rules in there for this month and last month, but there are all zeroes for the values for "times fired", "promoted result clicks" and "% promoted result preferred".  This is for all of the rules we have created.  I know there should at least be some usage as people on my team have definitely clicked on all of these. 

query rule usage report output

Is this an issue that anyone else is experiencing?  Any information about this is appreciated.  Thanks!

Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:53 PM

All replies

• scakawagd - did you find an answer to ths problem?  Seeing the same issue with this report.  Thanks!
    • Edited by Robert52401 Friday, July 24, 2015 2:40 PM spelling
    Friday, July 24, 2015 2:39 PM
  • No, unfortunately, I have not found a solution to this yet.  I have about 50 query rules set up for promoted results, and I'd love to see how much they are being used.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:12 PM
  • I guess no answers yet.  Have a couple hundred rules that I would like to see if they are being used.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:58 PM
  • Anyone know what can cause the Query rule usage to not populate? We have the same issue.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:18 PM