none
Audiences with multiple "Reports Under" rules RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating an audience with multiple "Reports Under" rules with the "Members satisfy any of the rules" option.

Steps

1. Create the audience.
    2. Choose Members satisfy any of the rules
    3. Choose Reports Under and specify a value (manager one name).
    4. Choose OK, then Add rule.
    5. Choose Reports Under and specify a value (manager two name).
    6. Compile.

Results

Only members of manager two's team are in the audience.

Remove manager two and compile. Now only members of manager one's team are in the audience. Now add some other attribute, such as Department contains, then include manager two's department name. Compile and you see that the audience now contains all team members from manager one (reports under rule) and manager two's (dept contains rule) teams.

Can an audience contain multiple "Reports Under" in SP2013? I seem to remember doing this successfully in SP2010.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Gilbert,

According to your description, my understanding is that the audience which was set to satisfy any of the rules cannot work correctly with Reports Under rules in SharePoint 2013.

I tested the same scenario per your post in my environment, and I got the same results as you got.

We will help to submit the issue to proper pipeline for you.

Again, thank you for your report which will definitely make SharePoint a better products. There might be some time delay.  Appreciate your time and patience.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Gilbert,

According to your description, my understanding is that the audience which was set to satisfy any of the rules cannot work correctly with Reports Under rules in SharePoint 2013.

I tested the same scenario per your post in my environment, and I got the same results as you got.

We will help to submit the issue to proper pipeline for you.

Again, thank you for your report which will definitely make SharePoint a better products. There might be some time delay.  Appreciate your time and patience.

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:01 AM
  • Any solution or workaround?

I need an audience where Group = people reporting under 5 managers. The managers' VP has other direct reports who are not part of Group, so I can't use a single rule of Reports Under = VP name.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:21 PM