none
I am Migrating from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2010 due to OS end support. I recovered the Product Key from the below script and after that keyed-in the same product key in new SP 2010 environment but it throws error like product key is not valid. RRS feed

• Question

• I am Migrating from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2010 due to OS end support. I recovered the Product Key from the below script and after that keyed-in the same product key in new SP 2010 environment but it  throws error like product key is not valid.

function Get-SP2010ProductKey {   
        $map="BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789"
        $value = (get-itemproperty "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Registration\{90140000-110D-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}").digitalproductid[0x34..0x42] 
        $ProductKey "" 
        for ($i = 24; $i -ge 0; $i--) {
          $r = 0
          for ($j = 14; $j -ge 0; $j--) {
            $r = ($r * 256) -bxor $value[$j]
            $value[$j] = [math]::Floor([double]($r/24))
            $r $r % 24
          }
          $ProductKey $map[$r] + $ProductKey
          if (($i % 5) -eq -and $i -ne 0) {
            $ProductKey "-" $ProductKey
          }
        }
        $ProductKey
    }
    #Call the function
    Get-SP2010ProductKey

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar

Friday, April 3, 2020 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Kumar, 

Is the product key expired? You can contact the sales for this matter. 

You can also try the trial key from the following link and see whether it works:

http://vladilen.com/content/sharepoint-keys

Then navigate to CA->upgrade and migration->covert farm license type->enter the product key. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 6, 2020 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Kumar, 

Is the product key expired? You can contact the sales for this matter. 

You can also try the trial key from the following link and see whether it works:

http://vladilen.com/content/sharepoint-keys

Then navigate to CA->upgrade and migration->covert farm license type->enter the product key. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, April 6, 2020 8:21 AM
  • Agree with Lisa, I think you can also just go with the Enterprise Key, just use the below key to add any New Server to the Farm. why do you need a key for ?

SharePoint 2010 Enterprise trial key: VK7BD-VBKWR-6FHD9-Q3HM9-6PKMX

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, April 6, 2020 10:09 PM
  • Hi Kumar,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, April 10, 2020 1:57 AM
  • Hi Kumar, 

Please remember to mark the helpful post as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 1:06 PM