none
SPD not creating a workflow task list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have created a new 2013 workflow and in the settings I have selected for a new task list to be created.

SharePoint creates a personal task list rather than a workflow task list.

I can't copy a workflow task list as a template and use that and I don't know how else to create a task list specifically for workflow tasks.

Could someone please advise? Thank you :)

Mel

Mel

Friday, May 12, 2017 6:42 AM

All replies

• Thank you, I wish it was that easy.

Creating a new task list creates a personal task list not a workflow task list.

Mel

Mel

• Edited by xxxxmints Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:39 PM
    Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:39 PM
  • Hi Mel,

What did you mean “a personal task list”?

When we create a new task list for the workflow in SharePoint Designer, the Workflow Task content type will be automatically added to this new list. After adding the Workflow Task content type to the list, this list can be a workflow task list for this workflow.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:48 AM
  • Hi Linda

In SPD, in the settings, if I choose a new task list to be created for the workflow it doesn't create a task list that is specifically for workflow (see attached image).

Instead it creates a standard task list with a timeline etc that means I have to go in and modify the columns, remove the timeline.

Mel

Mel

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 10:55 PM
  • Hi Mel,

The “Task list for workflow” message is just the description of this task list. It does not have a specific meaning.

They are all task lists.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 2:42 AM
  • I understand they are all task lists, but I would like to have a workflow task list set up so that I don't have to change columns, remove timelines etc. 

Another reason is that I will need to create all the views as well (see image)

It created a specific workflow task list for me before, but now it doesn't. Why would that be?

Mel

• Edited by xxxxmints Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:27 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:11 AM