Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2003 Signatures Disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    we have a multiple domain controller environment with many locations. We run both Server 2003 and Server 2008 with Exchange 2003 being our main Mail server and Exchange 2007 running Webmail. When a workstation is first imaged, Office 2003 installs via GP, and then the user can install Office 2010 through SCCM as an upgrade. We do not use roaming profiles, although we do redirect their "my documents." The problem is occuring for both users of Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2010. Our problem is that users signatures are disappearing, meaning they create a signature, then they restart the computer and the signature is no longer in the signatures folder. We have tried recreating their Outlook profile, reimaging the computer, deleting their entire profile on the computer, none of which has stopped this from happening. Every time after they create the signature, it will go away. Sometimes it will stay for a few days, and then disappear again. This is not happening for all users, only a random selection of users. These users are not administrators on their physical workstations. Thank you

Joshua
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Please verify if the installed packet have already disabled signature.

Please verify if it has policy for Outlook and disable change Outlook setting or disable signature.

Please verify if Outlook client has other add-in on it .

By the way, what system on your client ?

It is only my personal suggest, we focus on Exchange Server mainly, you can also post it to Office Forum to get better help.

Outlook IT Pro Discussions:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/threads

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:12 AM

All replies

• If this is happening just on Outlook clients then I'd post in the Outlook forum, as the issue you decribed seems to be an  Outlook issue not exchange. Or related to exchange as if the signature disappears when themessage is sent. 

Sukh

• Edited by Sukh828 Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:40 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Sukh,
    Thanks, I just did. The signatures only disappear upon restart, not when emails are sent.

Joshua
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Hi ,

Please verify if the installed packet have already disabled signature.

Please verify if it has policy for Outlook and disable change Outlook setting or disable signature.

Please verify if Outlook client has other add-in on it .

By the way, what system on your client ?

It is only my personal suggest, we focus on Exchange Server mainly, you can also post it to Office Forum to get better help.

Outlook IT Pro Discussions:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/threads

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:12 AM