none
Office 2010 and WebDAV RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows 7 and I connected to a third-party's servers via a WebDAV folder. I can create Office documents directly into the WebDAV folder, but when I go to edit an existing document, I get errors indicating that the file is read only. The only workaround is to download the file locally, make the edits and then save the file directly the to the WebDAV folder. Unfortunately, I cannot propose this solution to the team.

I've read some articles that indicate the Office upload center doesn't work well with WebDAV folders. They have proposed solutions, but I can't seem to get them to work.

I would appreciate any suggestions in trying to get this to work.

David
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:04 AM

Answers

• Hi David,

The issue could be multiple factors Authentication, Proxy or device in the middle.   Try the following:

1. Please make sure WebClient Service is enabled and started
    2. Apply all available updates for the Windows 7 and Office Client see it helps.
    3. Try applying the latest WebClient updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2727994 which may help
    4. The solution can be found using the Network Trace tools like Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 or third party Fiddler tool.   The tool needs to be started prior to reproducing the issue.
    5. Based on the Server response to the client the issue can be investigated further.

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

This is a quick note to let you know that I'm trying to involve someone to further look at this issue.

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Hi David,

The issue could be multiple factors Authentication, Proxy or device in the middle.   Try the following:

1. Please make sure WebClient Service is enabled and started
    2. Apply all available updates for the Windows 7 and Office Client see it helps.
    3. Try applying the latest WebClient updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2727994 which may help
    4. The solution can be found using the Network Trace tools like Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 or third party Fiddler tool.   The tool needs to be started prior to reproducing the issue.
    5. Based on the Server response to the client the issue can be investigated further.

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:24 PM