none
Custom page layouts not showing at Page Layouts and Site Templates RRS feed

• Question

• I have two site collections in Sp2013 using similar custom master page. I have created a custom page layout in a site collection and copied the same page layout to the other site collection but it does not show-up at Page Layouts and Site Templates. It is approved without any error. Please advise,

The only difference I see is that under the master page Gallery, the Compatible UI Version in the source site collection, it shows nothing but in the destination site collection it shows as 15. Not sure I to get rid of this though.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:11 AM

Answers

• Publishing as major version did not help. Copy pasting the page layout across site collection i snot making the page layout appear at page layouts and site templates. I created a design package and imported the package to the other site collection and the expected page layout appears.
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Monday, December 16, 2019 12:12 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Roy,

Download a copy of Page Layout .aspx file and then open Designer Manager -> Edit PageLayout in new site collection, drop and drag the downloaded pagelayout file, publish as a Major version:

Change associated Content Type:

Then go to Pages library, create a new page with the new copied custom pagelayout:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:44 AM
  • Publishing as major version did not help. Copy pasting the page layout across site collection i snot making the page layout appear at page layouts and site templates. I created a design package and imported the package to the other site collection and the expected page layout appears.
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Monday, December 16, 2019 12:12 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 12:12 PM