none
SharePoint Power BI Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have been able to use the new power bi preview webpart on a site page inside a SharePoint online site. This was the article I followed - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/integrate-power-bi-reports-in-sharepoint-online/

However, I would like to add this to a page with a custom layout on a SharePoint publishing page. I don't believe this is considered a modern page as it is not a site page as mentioned in the first paragraph.

How can I do this?

Secondly, the url for the power bi report which I show in the power bi webpart contains a filter which we use on a product number. I would like to pass in a querystring parameter which contains the product number so the page which contains the power bi webpart is loaded with the report already filtered on a product number.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Friday, June 23, 2017 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

In any event if you can't use a "modern" page in SharePoint Online, you can't really use the new Power BI web part. Only way you can use power bi on a regular wiki or webpart page is to use the script editor webpart and embed code using publish to web on powerbi report which has some security risks. Did you turn on Use filters option in powerbi preview webpart? 

Thanks

Friday, June 23, 2017 8:59 PM
  • Hi Naveen.

Yes, I have the use filters option turned on.

I may have to find a different way of surfacing this data inside SharePoint.

Thanks

Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:02 AM