none
Information Management Retention Policy Stage Date RRS feed

• Question

• I have a content type that has a "due date" field and a status field that can either be "pending" or "completed". Once the due date is reached for "pending" items, I would like an email to be sent out daily until the status has been changed to "completed".

I know I can create a retention policy stage so that when the "due date" is reached, a workflow can be ran to send off an email. I was wondering if anyone of you knew off hand (since I'm not sure of an easy way to try this out without leaving my virtual up for a few days to test it), if that same workflow updates the due date field to be tomorrow's date when the item is still pending, will the retention policy stage cause the workflow to run tomorrow too? Or, does the policy run only once?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:47 PM

Answers

• I believe if you set the retention policy to repeat until the next stage is complete it will loop.

If your stage if based on the "completed" status the policy should run until the criteria is met.

If this helps you then please mark the post as helpful.
    If this answers your question then mark it as the answer.
    If another contributor in the thread answers your question then please do the right thing.
    And as always most answers for SharePoint are based on "It depends"

Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:38 PM