none
sysprep /generalize and office 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create image of windows 10 with already installed and not activated office 2019 for home and buisness. Then the system will be installed on few workstations and office 2019 will be actived on each of them with different serial key. Is it safe to do ? Any obstacles with activating are possible ?

Kind Regards, Stefan

Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

In my opinion, if there are some private information in the Windows 10 image, they will also be transformed to the new PC. I don't think this will be a good idea to create Windows 10 image and install it to other PCs.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Thank you for answer Emi Zhang,

The windows image i mentioned will be completely clear. I will only install office 2019, without even opening it. Then i will use sysprep tool with option /generalize.

Microsoft doesnt provide and tool to create custom XML file to automate Office 2019 Home&buissness installation.

I only want to find out , whether there will be any obstacles with activating office 2019 on target machines. Every machine will be activated with unique key (i have over 50 machines).

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

You can activate Office in each PC.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

If you are afraid of something unexpected, you can test a machine first.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:27 AM