none
pst file sub folders missing

Question

• I noticed some sub folders in my PST file was missing, so I ran repair scanpst.exe .. that didn't fix my problem. So I decided to restore from a month old backup which I know had the folders I was looking for. After restoring the Pst I opened the PST in my Outlook 2010 and noticed it is missing in the restored PST too. This started hapening when I switch computers and am using a computer with Outlook 2010, the previous computer had Outlook 2007.

I know the restored PST from a month ago had the folders I was looking for.

Has anyone experienced this before? I know the sub foldres are the but I can't see them.

Friday, October 07, 2011 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hi

Can you try this,

Let take the subfolders from the Inbox folder are missing now while moving from outlook 2007 to Oultook 2010.

Select the Inbox folder - Select the folder and click Recover deleted Items - New window will open, check whether the deleted folders are appearing over there..

Kindly inform the status..

Thank you

Friday, October 07, 2011 5:39 AM
  • I had already looked under "recover deleted items", I didn't delete them and they were not in under "recover deleted items"

It is strange that when I restored a month old backup, it is still not showing up. I know I placed e-mails under microsoft\account information subfolder about a week ago. Month old backup doesn't show that folder either. It has to be something in Outlook 2010.

Friday, October 07, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Hi Varouj,

Are you sure you do have created the sub folder in this profiles?

Also try to reset the view settings.

In the View Tab, click Rest View.

Sincerely,

Max Meng

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
    tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:13 AM