Cannot open outlook .pst file not found RRS feed

• Question

• After installing office 2007 I cannot open outlook. I get the message "cannot open default e-mail folders"

The file c:\users\jim\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst cannot be found

please help I tried the scan.exe but there is no file for it to work on

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>After installing office 2007 I cannot open outlook

Do you mean you got this error the first time you tried to open Outlook after installing it?

How did you set up your email account in your Outlook 2007? Could you specify the steps you followed here?

Generally, this error could happen due to one of the following causes:

• The .pst file where Outlook delivers your e-mail messages is located on a server that is unavailable.
    • The .pst file where Outlook delivers your e-mail messages is corrupted, and Outlook cannot locate it.

Reefer to the following Microsoft KB article for more details and solutions:

You receive an error message when you start Outlook

By the way, Office 2007 is not supported now, to get better support and user experience, it's highly recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Office.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 15, 2018 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:05 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>After installing office 2007 I cannot open outlook

Do you mean you got this error the first time you tried to open Outlook after installing it?

How did you set up your email account in your Outlook 2007? Could you specify the steps you followed here?

Generally, this error could happen due to one of the following causes:

• The .pst file where Outlook delivers your e-mail messages is located on a server that is unavailable.
    • The .pst file where Outlook delivers your e-mail messages is corrupted, and Outlook cannot locate it.

Reefer to the following Microsoft KB article for more details and solutions:

You receive an error message when you start Outlook

By the way, Office 2007 is not supported now, to get better support and user experience, it's highly recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Office.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, October 15, 2018 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:05 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:47 AM