none
EXCHANGE 2010 HYBRID SERVERS UPGRADE RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Currently we have Hybrid Exchange Organization running on Windows 2008R2 with Exchange 2010 SP3 with latest RU.

Now due to EOSL of Windows 2008R2, we need to upgrade Hybrid Exchange 2010 running on Windows 2008R2 to Exchange 2010 on Windows 2012.

Can someone shed some light on it.

Any help really appreciated.

Regards

Anand Sunka

Thanks & Regards Anand Sunka MCSA+CCNA+MCTS

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi

you will need to build a 2012 server and migrate the mailboxes across. No in-place upgrades supported.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:52 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Anand Sunka,

I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Dear Joyce,

I am looking for Exchange Hybrid servers ugradation as my current Exchange 2010 Hybrid servers are running on Windows 2008R2 with Exchange 2010 SP3 with latest RU. No Mailbox servers are running only HUBCAS roles are installed.

Now I am planning to install two Exchange 2010 on Windows 2012 O.S and configure all the virtual directories.
    Run the HCW on both the HUBCAS servers.

Well test 1 mailbox migration from new Exchange 2010 servers to O365 and vice-versa. Also modifying mailbox attribute changes whether they are getting updated at O365 portal.

Once I confirm will decommission both the OLD Exchange servers one-by-one.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Anand Sunka

Now due to EOSL of Windows 2008R2, we need to upgrade Hybrid Exchange 2010 running on Windows 2008R2 to Exchange 2010 on Windows 2012.

Thanks & Regards Anand Sunka MCSA+CCNA+MCTS

• Edited by Anand Sunka Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:19 AM spell mistake
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:19 AM