none
Certain Emails get Bounce Back RRS feed

• Question

• This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error.

The following address(es) failed:  somedude @somedomain.com    all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses

Reporting-MTA: dns; semf03.mfg.siteprotect.com Action: failed Final-Recipient: rfc822; somedude@somedomain.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;

It appears that the DNS operator for somedomain.com has installed an invalid MX record with an IP address instead of a domain name on the right hand side.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:08 PM

All replies

• "It appears that the DNS operator for somedomain.com has installed an invalid MX record with an IP address instead of a domain name on the right hand side."

Your guess may be right. If that is the truth, then they may receive the complaint from many other companies, I believe they would take some actions for this.

Or you may chose to send for that domains via a smart host, which could stop Exchange from doing a DNS lookup.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:30 AM
  • That's the error that was sent by our server to the sender, however what's odd is that it only happens to one customer that is emailing us.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:54 AM
  • That's the error that was sent by our server to the sender, however what's odd is that it only happens to one customer that is emailing us.

If all the other mails flow smoothly between your organization and external organizations except for this particular customer, you could try contacting his email IT dept and see if they could do something for this.

Or you work around this by sending for that domains via a smart host.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:17 AM
  • I will look into doing it directly through the smart host option but that's a work around more so than a solution

Monday, July 15, 2019 1:50 PM
  • I will look into doing it directly through the smart host option but that's a work around more so than a solution

I agree, but if you could get no help from the recipient side, that's worth a try.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:04 AM