none
Visio 2010 Data Export wizard Add-on Error RRS feed

• Question

• I created an ERD with visio 2010 and using 'Database Export Wizard' Add -on I'm trying to export this ERD to SQL Server (for implicit creation of tables,relationships etc from ERD to SQL Server)When I create a new data source and associate it with an existing database.I get this Database Export Error- "

Cannot set the database Context Information.

Additional error information:ODBC Error:S1009

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0] Database 'A' does not exist.Make Sure that the name is entered corrcetly."

Steps I have followed are at support.microsoft.com/kb/319984

I get this error before step 8.

Also, the database name is of 3 characters('ADY') but in the error message is it shows as Single character 'A'.

I am using -OS Windows 7 Enterprise, 32-bit, applications Visio 2010 enterprise edition

• Edited by Ca1122 Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:28 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to create a new file to check the issue.

Second, if the issue still occur in the new file, try to change the database name to check the issue.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:01 AM
  • There is very similar problem reported here:

http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=2166.0

It looks like "Database Wizard" in Visio 2010 may not work well with the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver.

In particular, I can also reproduce the problem; the same error occurs at the step 8, if you follow the steps described in that KB article (and select SQL Server as target database).

It seems to work properly with Visio 2003/2007/2013 though.

-- Nikolay Belyh, http://unmanagedvisio.com

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:43 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the response.I still get the same error.

I tried both ways-Creating a new file as well as renaming database but I still get the same error.

I tried both drivers Sql server as well as Sql Server Native client but its still the same.

I have only visio 2010 Premium version to check with.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:53 PM
  • @ Nikolay Belyh

Thanks for the response.The thread was started in 2010 and I see no solution to the problem.

I only have visio 2010 Premium version. So please let me know if there is a work around with the version I am using.

• Edited by Ca1122 Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:03 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:00 PM