none
In Office 2013, how do I "add a place" that points to a SP 2013 library? RRS feed

• Question

• In Office 2013 applications, is there a way of adding a place and setting it to a library in a privately-hosted SharePoint 2013 site? It's easy to connect to Office 365 SharePoint, but I'm looking for "it's my own server" SharePoint.

This seems to be a huge secret, because after hours of searching, I haven't found any info. It's especially surprising since it took only a couple of minutes to add Dropbox to the Save As and Open menus:
    Save As menu

As a workaround, I can attach a SharePoint library as a pinned folder in Other Web Locations, but it's easy for users to accidentally un-pin it. It's not very permanent and certainly not obvious.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:39 AM

Answers

• This element uses MySites to store the location of your favourite and this is not included in sharepoint foundation so will not appear in that installation.

However if you copy the URL of the library from your browser removing the view part i.e.

http://myserver/mysite/docslib

then paste that into word or excel in the save as box instead of a file name and press return. This will then take you through to the correct location whereupon you can drag the URL from the top bar down into your favourites for future use.

• Marked as answer by Bob Flisser Friday, May 24, 2013 5:04 PM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 2:33 PM

All replies