none
Outlook 2003 fatal error

Question

• Hi,

I am new to the technet so I hope I have posted this in the correct place.

I have a laptop running Win XP Pro SP3 and have installed on it Office 2003 Pro (all up to date).  Over the last few days whenever I open Outlook it runs for approx 2 mins then I get an error message saying: "A fatal error has occured in Outlook.  The data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available"  after this message Outlook shuts down.

Details: Outlook 2003 configured with POP / SMTP to gmail

Have tried the following: Detect and repair - No errors found, Virus scan with several scanners - all Clean, Uninstalled / Reinstalled Office 2003 - no difference, tried gmail profile on my other PC - works fine, Checked event viewer - the following is there several times: Error 20/10/10 15:25:34 Microsoft Office 11 None 1000 N/A D4WQVX2J

Any help would be much appreciated - I have searched the web but cannot find any solutions

Thank you in advance, Dave

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dave,

I suggest you creating a new Outlook 2003 Profile.

How to do this, see here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm

Hope that helps.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:04 AM
  • Hi Jenifer,

Thank you for your reply - I will give it a try

Dave

Friday, October 22, 2010 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

If some of the application files associated Microsoft Outlook are damaged, then fatal errors might come up.

If the Microsoft Outlook application installed on the system is of the newer version, then default application repair tool can be used to repair the damaged application files.

If the repair option is not available, then users would have to uninstall and remove the application and then reinstall it.

If the issue with Microsoft Outlook has come up recently, then users can also try restoring the system to a previous restore point when Microsoft Outlook was working without any issues to solve the problems

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:10 AM