none
Office 2013 Pro Plus Installation Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My computer's current specs
    Model: Dell XPS 13

Processor: Intel core i5 @ 1.9GHz

Memory: 4gb DDR3 RAM

I was previously running Office 2010. I then downloaded 2013 through the partner portal and went to install it. The installation was hung up at the end, so I cancelled it. However, the program was not uninstalled afterwords. I used the Microsoft fix to uninstall it, but it wouldn't leave the add/remove programs list. I then went into the registry and deleted the value for the program. I uninstalled Office 2010 to avoid conflicts and I have since started the installation several times. Every time, it gets stopped about 4/5ths of the way to the end, and will not move. If I got to the start menu, the icons have been made and pinned. Images are provided below (*Edit* nevermind, my partner account isn't verified? good job microsoft).

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• Does your event log report anything?  Are you installing 64bit or 32 bit version?  

I would suggest using the link below to remove anything Office manually for Windows 8 (don't use the fix it) and then reboot the computer and try the install once more with Run As Administrator.  Report back results.  Thanks.

Uninstall Office 2013

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:49 AM