none
Issues with SFB mobile

Question

• Hello All,

I have ABC.com as my DC, SFB FE, EDGE and ReverseP...all works fine for pc users....with help of you guys I have magae to do federation and managed to make my other domain(si.com) users to login to this sfb. But when I am trying to login in mobile it shows error

if I login with ser@ABC.com...i get error

We can't connect to the server. Check your network connection and server address, and try again.

when I try to login using user@si.com

it says we can't sign you in, Please check your account info and try again...though I am typing correct username and password..

Is there anything I need to do in advanced settings of mobile?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:34 AM

All replies

• Now I can login with si.com but not user@ABC.com..??????????
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:11 AM
  • Hi Lexi,

Is si.com hosting on on-premise domain? Or hosting on Office 365?

If si.domain is hosting on Office 365 and you have done hybrid with SFB online, you should point all public DNS records to on-premise, instead of SFB online. You could not do any settings in mobile side.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Hello si.com is just hosting on office 365...I have enabled federation in ABC.com its not a hybrid setup
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:07 AM
  • For mobile login each domain should have Lyncdiscover.domain.com published and it should redirect to web services external url. You should have the external url published on internet.If your mobile device is using corporate Wireless then wireless DNS also should point Lyncdiscover to external URL.

Validate your configuration by referring below document.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt723409.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Jayakumar K

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Hi Lexi,

If si.com user want to login SFB from on-premise SFB server, you need to create hybrid as the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205403.aspx

For abc.com user who could not login with mobile, please check autodiscover settings as the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn951397.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 2:54 AM
  • si.com users are working fine on pc and mibole after federation(not hybrid setup) but abc.com users are unable to use mobile clients...nor they are able to add external clients....for example I have adding my normal skype id to si.com and it worked....but the abc.com user i tried to add my external skype id but it dint work

In external dns of abc.com I have this dns record as well

_sipfederationtls_.tcp.abc.com 5061

• Edited by Lexi Mace 15 hours 58 minutes ago
    17 hours 32 minutes ago
  • Hi Lexi,

For mobile login to abc.com account, you should crate lycndiscover as Jayakuma said. If you want to add si.com account, you should do federation with Office 365 as the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205126.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

15 hours 52 minutes ago
  • Hello

Like I said si.com is working fine on mobile....no probs with it...

abc.com is the one which is not getting connected through mobile...yes I do have lyncdiscover dns records but still doesnt work

15 hours 43 minutes ago