none
retention policy RRS feed

• Question

• we are beginning our upgrade from Exchange 2010 to 2013, I have deployed 3 new servers and everything seems to be working fine however I had a user call me to say that retention policy wasn't working correctly and I verified it with my own mailbox.

When I delete an email the 14 day count down is suppose to begin, and it does for emails received that same day and deleted that same day, well I just deleted an email from 3 days ago and it subtracted 3 days from the 14 day count down. I just deleted another one from 14 days ago and it is already marked as expired. Stuff is getting moved to soon.

I don't know that this has anything to do with the new 2013 servers but what could cause this?? I've had this policy in place for 2 years.

• Edited by jamicon Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Do you have MRM 1.0 policies applied on the mailbox? If so, when you upgrade it to Exchange 2013 it will not apply the Retention policy as it users MRM 2.0 policy. 

To resolve this you need to install SP1 for Exchnage 2013 and then move back the user to the previous exchnage and remove MRM 1.0 policy and again move to Exchange 2013 and apply MRM 2.0 policy.

You can find the detailed Step by Step instructions from below link
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2919164/en-us

Regards,
    Santhosh.
    www.jijitechnologies.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:14 AM
  • I installed Exchange 2013 SP1 (original deployment) and I have not even migrated any users yet

NOTE: My Retention Policy IS being applied, just not correctly

Do you think I should remove it in Exchange 2010 and then recreate it in Exchange 2013?
    • Edited by jamicon Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Guy's, this is a BUG, is MS working on this? I have tried everything but its not work as it did prior to Exchange 2013 co-existence.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 1:19 PM