none
Call Parent Site collection webpart in to child site collection RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All, 

Before we did the same practice with 2010, to display the customer list from parent site collection in to child site, but in 2013 i did not find the option in the site setting. 

I did not find how can i call the parent site collection webpart (custom document library) in to child site collection 

If any one know please inform me 

Make sure i am discussing about SP 2013 

Regards 

Rashid Imran Bilgrami 

Monday, February 10, 2014 1:29 PM

Answers

• I found an answer for it 

First open the webpart in to sharepoint designer (Make sure the webpart is mark as Server Render in the webpart property) 

Then you will see the List View Web Part tab 

Select Web Part  Tab under it 

Then Select to site gallery or save to file 

I have a detail discussion here related to it 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/aa13d6f0-fa77-493d-a610-35e8ddf6981d/sharepoint-designer-2013-no-design-view-ufff?forum=sharepointcustomization 

• Marked as answer by ArabSign Monday, April 7, 2014 1:06 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Rashid,

You can use Content Query WP to fetch data in sub-site from Site Colelction library/list. I am pretty sure CQWP is still there in SP 2013 unless your site is of some specific template missing that web part.

Thanks,

Monday, February 10, 2014 3:12 PM
  • i used it already but it's not showing me the same look it just show me the data like document name what i want the same webpart as it is in the subsite. 

We use before SP2010 for it, save webpart as file and then call in to subsite and it was worked successfully now i did not found the design view in sharepoint designer and in 2013 they change the design mode as well so i can't even view in to the SP2010 

Friday, February 14, 2014 11:55 AM
  • I found an answer for it 

First open the webpart in to sharepoint designer (Make sure the webpart is mark as Server Render in the webpart property) 

Then you will see the List View Web Part tab 

Select Web Part  Tab under it 

Then Select to site gallery or save to file 

I have a detail discussion here related to it 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/aa13d6f0-fa77-493d-a610-35e8ddf6981d/sharepoint-designer-2013-no-design-view-ufff?forum=sharepointcustomization 

• Marked as answer by ArabSign Monday, April 7, 2014 1:06 PM
    Monday, April 7, 2014 1:05 PM