none
Error of Microsoft Visual C ++ runtime library with Outlook 2003 crash of external/boost_1_31_0\boost/shared_ptr.hpp RRS feed

• Question

• I have office 2003 with the issue of Outlook 2003 version11.8330.8341 Sp3  installed on my Windows 7 X64 bit machine. I have tried a repair, reinstall of Outlook , removal of Outlook and reinstall but nothing helps the issue I am  having.    I have checked multiple times through various spyware checkers but I do not have any  virus or spyware on my machine. Its clean as a whistle.  I have also ran multiple times sfc scanner and everything is fine with my windows and no errors to report. I have also went to Outlook and  then tools -> Options -> Other -> Advanced Options -> Add-In Manager and uncheck any extension configuration files and this has not helped either. I have tried extensive research on google and tried everything possible without much luck.

This is the issue I am having

I have Outlook 2003 open and then all of a sudden I get an error message  that appears and all I can do is "abort, retry or ignore" and the only thing that actually works is abort and then the outlook 2003 closes and I need to restart the outlook app over again.

The error message is:

Microsoft Visual C ++ runtime library
    Assertion Failed!
    Program C:\(x86) Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe
    File: ../Line 254

Expression: px ! = 0

If you have an idea on how to fix this and resolve this for me, please let me know.

RussellTA

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:59 AM

All replies

• Try run Outlook in safe mode, and let me know the result.

To start Outlook in safe mode, hold Crtl key and launch Outlook.

Max Meng

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:25 AM