none
icloud email with outlook 2010

Question

• Hardware/software involved for the question below: an original Apple iPad, and a Windows PC running the Outlook 2010. Both connected via a home wifi network. I have ATT Uverse as my internet provider.

Issue: I have an Apple iCloud account now, after downloading the latest ios5 software on my ipad. I created a <username>@me.com email account. I can get calendar, contacts and tasks to synch between the cloud, my ipad and my PC's Outlook 2010.  I can't however get Outlook to configure a new email account using my new <username>@me.com in the "Add new account" tab.  I get the error, "an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Click on next to attempt using an unencrypted connection." I click next, and unencrypted doesnt work either. I've tried manually configuring the incoming and outcoming servers- configuring as an IMAP in the account type dropdown, and using the incoming server: imap.mail.me.com and the outgoing server: smtp.mail.me.com. SSL for both. Incoming port: 993 and outgoing 587. No luck. When i click on the "Test account settings button", I get the error "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method." Any recommendations on how to make this work?

Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:55 PM

Answers

All replies