none
Use of Content Organizer Rules and Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to send documents to a DocumentLibrary via email and then automatically move them to another DocumentLibrary  by means of "Content Organizer Rules". Is this mechanism in principle possible at all or do the documents always have to be sent to the Dropoff Library?

Thanks

Stephan
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephan1024,

Yes, it is possible that you can use content Organizer Rules to move documents to other libraries instead of drop off library.

Users are redirected to the Drop Off Library when they try to upload content to libraries in this site that have one or more content organizer rules pointing to them. 
    If this setting is disabled, users can always bypass the organizer and upload files directly to a library or folder.

Eg: you have LibraryA, LibraryB, Drop Off Library.

If you want to move the documents from LibraryA to LibraryB, you must create an content orgainizer rule pointing to LibraryB and also create an content orgainizer rule pointing to LibraryA.

If there is any problem, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 16, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

but I think you can't use that mechanism when you send the document by email to LibraryA.
    In my test site collection it is not working. It only works when the user do an manuel upload
    to LibrayA.

best regards

Stephan

Friday, December 16, 2016 7:59 AM
  • Hi Stephan1024,

How do you send the document by email to LibraryA?

Make sure the document meet with the content Organizer rule.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 11:13 AM