none
Vista Desktop background picture no longer loads RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows Viasta Home Basic and up until a week ago a jpeg was visible as mu desktop background and then all of a sudden it was got - replaced with black.  No matter how many times I "Personalize" the desktop and request any picture even pre-loaded sample jpegs...... nothing but black.  I am however able to change the themed color to anything I like!!!!! 

Please let me know how to repair this frustrating development!!

Regards

Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:33 AM

All replies

•  

Dear Clara,

Do the following

go to Control panel

then Ease of Access

then Ease of Access Center

then Make the computer easiler to use

untick the option "Remove background images

hope ur problem is solved

regards

Saturday, October 20, 2007 10:57 AM
  • I have the same problem. Followed the ease of access instructions - "remove background images" was not checked.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:21 PM
  •  

Hi  Prabhat Bolia,

Thanks for the advice, however I am sorry to report that "Remove Background Images" was already unchecked.

The computer was also running extremely slow - The hard drive light was on constantly.  I have since delted Trend PC Cillian 2007 and spped has improved.  Trend PC Cillian 2007, by the way, has a Certified for Windows Vista sticker on the box but from what I've discovered on the net.... not so much!!!!!

Still looking for answers....

Clara

Saturday, October 27, 2007 9:32 AM
  • Clara,

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it in the end?

Jay

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:13 AM
  • Hi Jay

we couldn't get anything to work, so we ended up wiping the whole lot and reinstalling windows from scratch. that seemed to do the trick - now time will tell if it happens again!!!

Clara

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:30 AM
  • Tell me how to fix this problem

Saturday, February 2, 2008 6:55 AM
  • Prabhat Bolia,

This resolved my issue.

Thanks a million,

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:00 PM
  • I am having this issue with Vista Business edition.  But, it didn't happen until I had to re-install Vista because of a bunk mouse driver, and now the screen is completely black.  You can see the background through the title of the window as AERO is active and has the glass look and I can see the background, through the black, with the window title, but the whol ebackground is BLACK.  Any way to resolve this?

Monday, March 24, 2008 8:24 PM
  • Go to registry and check if there are any entries under these two location if so delete them

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

We may have some junk loaded in these registry location at times when we download and install some third party themes.

Regards,

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

This desktop background blackness has been 'bugging' me for some time now!

I am not sure whether it was the link you provided or the 'regedit' info repeated by Sharmila A in the post just prior to yours, but certainly  reading this thread has proved very succesfull in restoring control over displaying my own images as wallpaper! Many, many thanks to you and all who contribute to these forums. Invaluable.

Cheers

Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:51 PM
  • that advice also helped me fix the problem.i felt i should and u deserve a thanks

so THANKS

ad coton
    Friday, October 24, 2008 5:44 AM
  • I had this problem too and my "Remove background images" box was unchecked. I CHECKED it, hit apply and then UNCHECKED it and hit apply. Problem solved. (Win7 RTM)
    Monday, August 31, 2009 1:23 PM
  • Hasn't helped me. Same problem on laptop running Vista Home. Tried Bolia solution didn't work since "Remove background images" was already unchecked. Tried "I CHECKED it, hit apply and then UNCHECKED it and hit apply" but that didn't work either. (but using Vista not Win 7). A month ago reinstalled Operating System (local shop did it).

Any suggestions?

Sunday, February 21, 2010 8:20 PM
  • I love you!!!! I have tried so many things and here it is, so simple. Because I - the idiot I am - forgot that I actually tried the Ease of Access option on my laptop when I set it up recently!!!! I have had for more than 2 years and now I had to think of adjusting my settings and then wondering why my background wallpaper did not work.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:31 PM
  • This fixed the problem with my desktop not showing a picture that I had choosen. Thank-you so much!

I wonder how the setting got changed.

"I didn`t do it"    -qoute takin from The Simpsons; Krusty The Clown

Again, Thax.

ScottG.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:14 PM
  • This worked great ,

thank you 

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:49 PM