none
[Reposted] After update of 2008r2 RDS session host to SP1, outlook 2007 crashes on NETAPI32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have updated my RDS session host to SP1 over the weekend, and the upgrade wend OK. The only problem is that after the update, outlook 2007 crashes in all sessions with the following message:

"The file NETAPI32.dll is incompatible with microsoft office outlook. Install outlook again."

I have reinstalled office, which did not help at all.

[off]
    Reposted again, because the thread is gone from technet, and every time I try to access it by a direct link, I get "you are not authorized to see this content". The conspiracy theorist in me says this is a bug someone doesn't want publicised, but that's of course just silly.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:54 AM

Answers

• I reinstalled the whole thing eventually

EDIT: full windows and office reinstall of course

• Marked as answer by dyasny Friday, May 31, 2013 3:05 PM
    • Edited by dyasny Friday, May 31, 2013 3:05 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to re-register the NETAPI32.dll file.

regsvr32 -u netapi32.dll
    regsvr32 netapi32.dll

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Friday, March 11, 2011 3:29 AM
  • [Window Title]
    RegSvr32

[Content]
    The module "netapi32.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "netapi32.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

[OK]

This is what I get when I try to unregister the dll

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

Dllname was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer or DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found.

This error means that the dllname is not a .dll or .ocx file. For example, typing regsvr32 wjview.exe generates this error message.

First, please make sure there is no typo error.

If the problem persists, I suggest running a virus/malware scan for the entire system.

Some netapi32.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even possible that the netapi32.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that's masquerading as the file.

If this cannot resolve the problem, you may try to completely reinstall Office program to replace the file.

After uninstall Office from control panel, also use Fix it in this KB article to remove Office:

How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Then, reinstall the Office program to test the results.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:48 AM
  • System checked with various utilities - no infection

Reinstalled Office 2007 multiple times

Also tried to run the fixMe after removing Office

regsvr32 keeps producing the same error when trying to reg/unreg netapi32.dll

I have installed office2007sp2, should hear from the terminal users tomorrow, as for any results. I'll update then

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 11:02 PM
  • OK, several users confirmed this - the error is still there. 

I think this is a case of corrupted DLL, which we need to fix somehow, is there a way to do that?

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:04 AM
  • dyasny, did you every get this resolved? How did you fix it? I have the same issue and was wondering what you did to fix the problem.

thanks!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:13 PM
  • I reinstalled the whole thing eventually

EDIT: full windows and office reinstall of course

• Marked as answer by dyasny Friday, May 31, 2013 3:05 PM
    • Edited by dyasny Friday, May 31, 2013 3:05 PM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:53 PM
  • Thanks for responding. When you say that you reinstalled the whole thing, did you reinstall Windows and then Office?

I'm having the same issue and have worked on it for several days trying everything. Uninstalling/reinstalling office, updating Windows, updating office, turning off DEP altogether. Nothing helps. I'm in the process of reinstalling Windows 2008 R2, but we have so many apps that it takes awhile to get it all ready to test. We use Citrix Xenapp on top of it.

Did you put Windows 2008 R2 SP1 back on the server after reinstalling?

thanks!

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:51 PM
  • You reinstalled all of Windows?

When you did, did you put SP1 on and have any problems when you did?

We are in the process of trying to get Windows 2008 R2 with SP1 and updates up and running with Citrix Xenapp on top of it and having this issue. hate to have to reinstall everything, but if that works then I guess that's what needs done. Just want to see if you did anything different when you reinstalled

thanks

Friday, May 31, 2013 1:57 PM