Outlook 2013 Cannot add some email accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Just downloaded Outlook 2013 , running Win7 desktop, AM ABLE to add some accounts (using the usual email account name and pswd we use when logging in via web browser), but not my wife's even though we both use  the same yahoo mail.

Then was able to add one of my kid's email, but not the other's.

Have tried every version of pop and imap services, tried using the server and port settings that do work just fine with Outlook 2013  that is running on my personal laptop, again with my email account, and they do not work for my wife (cant log on).

This is nonsense.

TO my knowledge Outlook does nto have a Ap password--why would it requirem one for one email and be fine w/o it for another??

Help--I just spent $100 to have a major PITA hassle.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you get any error message when it failed to add the account?

Can you configure your yahoo account in other email clients?

Please first make sure you have enabled POP in Yahoo mail.

If POP has been enabled, please see the following steps and check if you have set up your yahoo email correctly in Outlook:

1. Click File > Add Account.

2. Select "Manual setup or additional server types" and click Next.

3. Select "POP or IMAP" and click Next.

4. Enter the following information:

Under User Information:

Your Name: type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.Email Address: type your yahoo account email ID.

Under Server Information:

Account Type: select POP3.

Incoming Mail Server: type pop.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Mail Server: type smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Under Logon Information:

User Name: type your Yahoo mail username (including '@yahoo.com') in the 'Account name:' field.

Password: type your password.

5. Click More Settings button.

6. Click Outgoing Server tab, check the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" check box and select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".

7. Click Advanced tab and set like this:

8. Click OK and complete the configuration.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, April 17, 2015 6:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:46 AM
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:13 AM