Uninstall Exchange 2013 CAS and MBX - Coexistence Environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the following environment:

- Exchange 2007: One HUB/CAS and two Mailbox servers (all working fine)

- Exchange 2013: Four Hyper-V VMs (two CAS and two MBX), DAG for Mailbox servers and WNLB for CAS servers

Case:

Few days ago, after finishing windows updates on all Exchange 2013 servers, suddenly, ECP start giving me errors, all fields are empty and I cannot configure anything!!

Question:

How can I completely uninstall all Exchange 2013 servers and roles without affecting Exchange 2007 running status?

Thanks in advance

Sunday, September 9, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• What would be the purpose of doing that?

Have you configured transport to route through the Exchange 2013 servers?

Have you configured your CAS URLs so that they point to the Exchange 2013 servers?

Have you moved any mailboxes to the Exchange 2013 servers?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, September 10, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

We recommend you to do some troubleshooting before uninstalling Exchange.

What windows updates did you install? Could you kindly share the download link with us?

For troubleshooting:

1. If you have installed the security update for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016 on August 14, 2018, ensure you have run the file as administrator.
    2. Besides, make sure you have installed the associated fix if you installed the Windows updates released on July 10th.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 3:20 AM
  • Hi,

What windows updates did you install? Could you kindly share the download link with us?

For troubleshooting:

1. If you have installed the security update for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and 2016 on August 14, 2018, ensure you have run the file as administrator.
    2. Besides, make sure you have installed the associated fix if you installed the Windows updates released on July 10th.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thank you; I never did manual updates, all 4 VMs above are updated using online windows update.

The problem is when accessing ECP URL (https://mail.domain.com/ecp/?ExchClientVer=15), it allows me to access all settings but all pop-ups fields are empty as below screenshot:

I reinstalled CAS role on both CAS servers, I even rebuilt the NLB cluster, sometime ECP work using https://localhost/ecp, othertimes it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 10, 2018 6:02 AM
  • Hello again,

I need to reinstall everything from scratch (all 2013 CAS and Mailbox servers) without affecting running exchange 2007, please if anyone can help.

Thank you

Monday, September 10, 2018 9:11 AM
  • Hello,

Please, any help?

Monday, September 10, 2018 11:48 AM
  • New Update: I did the following:

1- Uninstalled CAS role from CAS01

2- Completely destroy WNLB cluster (removed the cluster and all its hosts not the windows role)

3- Login to windows 7 PC, changed the local host file (CAS02-IP to point to mail.domain.com)

4- Login from windows 7 PC to https://mail.domain.com/ecp/?ExchClientVer=15

5- All is working fine, all fields info are editable

What shall I do now to reinstall WNLB and CAS01 again and to preserve the above running status?

Thank you 

• Edited by mazizeh Monday, September 10, 2018 1:12 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 11:54 AM
  • Hello,

Any help please?

Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

For troubleshooting:

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thank you; I never did manual updates, all 4 VMs above are updated using online windows update.

The problem is when accessing ECP URL (https://mail.domain.com/ecp/?ExchClientVer=15), it allows me to access all settings but all pop-ups fields are empty as below screenshot:

I reinstalled CAS role on both CAS servers, I even rebuilt the NLB cluster, sometime ECP work using https://localhost/ecp, othertimes it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

It seems be a permission issue, make sure the Exchange admin are enterprise and schema admins and also ensure that it is a member of organization management role group.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:38 AM
  • Hello again,

I need to reinstall everything from scratch (all 2013 CAS and Mailbox servers) without affecting running exchange 2007, please if anyone can help.

Thank you

Sorry for the delay, while we have a policy that "one issue, one thread". So we recommend you to ask the question in a new thread.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:39 AM