none
Printing issue with sharepoint online RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint online site.

The other day, I was tasked with printing a calendar event. The event had a rather lengthy description. This was because notes for event setup and other stuff was included. When I printed the event, I got only what would fit on the first page. The printer spit out a blank page 2 and left off half the description.I ended up having to copy the event details into a word document and printing that.

When the printer did not give me the entire event, I tried printing with the Adobe PDF printer. Again I received the same as with the physical printer.

I'm wondering what causes this and if there is a way to correct this.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 1:46 PM

Answers

• Hi RCDAWebmaster, 

I would recommend you submit a feedback about this issue via the below link for your convenience, thanks.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft SharePoint products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, January 25, 2019 7:04 AM

All replies

• Can you advise if you're using the Classic interface or the modern one?

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Classic
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:19 PM
  • Hi RDC, 

Do you mean that you want to print a calendar event. And when you print a a calendar event, it doesn't print entire description?

Open your calendar event in IE, before print the event, you can print preview, then Print it from IE:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, January 18, 2019 5:24 AM
  • I just verified that events print correctly in IE but not in other browsers. How do I fix this? I'd like to fix this as many of the folks that use the site do not use IE. Folks running windows 10 may not even have IE installed.
    Friday, January 18, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Hi RDC, 

Which browser are you using when you met the issue?

There might be some compatibility issue with other browser. 

For Chrome Browser, the easy way to overcome some compatibility issue is to use some extension like "IE Tab" to switch the browser into IE mode:

Chrome IE Tab

IE Tab for Firefox and Chrome

if the issue still exists in other browser, i would suggest using IE instead of using other browsers. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:58 AM
  • The problem occurs in any browser except Internet Explorer. I do use IE when I have to, but since so much does work in IE, I now have Firefox as my default browser and only use IE when its needed. I'm trying to see if or when the last few remaining features will be compatible in all browsers.  I hate that I'm being forced to use a browser that is no longer in production for a product that is.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 2:02 PM
  • Hi RCDAWebmaster, 

Have you tried to add IE Tab for Firefox and Chrome?

Before print the event, preview the pages, does it looks well? 

Besides, try to print other pages which is not SharePoint pages, does the issue exists?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:07 AM
  • I have not tried IE tab for Firefox or Chrome. I will try now, but if that works, I would have to have every user of the site install the add-on.

With the SharePoint site, the issue appears in print preview and in printed form.

I did try to print a page from another site that I maintain and in Firefox and chrome all 5 pages printed as expected.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:03 PM
  • It appears that the IE tab extension for Firefox does not exist. I did find "Open in IE", but that actually opens the current page in IE rather than in FF. I'm not sure if this will help as windows 10 users may not have IE installed.

I tried IE tab for chrome and the ribbon does not load. All I get is a spinning wheel telling me "Working on it" 6 minutes later still working on it.

Maybe I'll just have to wait for Microsoft to fix this.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi RCDAWebmaster, 

IE is the most compatibility browser with SharePoint, it is recommend to use SharePoint with IE.

You can create a group policy to enable IE in all users' windows 10. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:54 AM
  • I get that we can use group policy to install IE on corporate computers, but what about folks that access from home? Why didn't Microsoft plan for this? Or if they did, is there a schedule for making features compatible with other browsers that we can see? The most frustrating issue is trying to edit HTML forms web parts where the window to enter the HTML only opens with IE.

Being a web developer, I always plan ahead for browser compatibility and test in all browsers. If someone can't use a site I built because it only works on a specific browser, they may not use it at all. Some of the users here are older folks that are not all that computer savy and forcing them to use IE only for SharePoint is not the most desirable solution. I will probably have them use what ever browser they wish and when an issue arises, have them try it in IE and if that works, suggest that they use IE as not all features have been reworked to operate properly in all browsers.

The only thing I can say is that browser support is far better than it was with the 2010 version we migrated from earlier this year.

OK. Rant over. :-)

Thursday, January 24, 2019 1:55 PM
  • Hi RCDAWebmaster, 

I would recommend you submit a feedback about this issue via the below link for your convenience, thanks.

https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft SharePoint products. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, January 25, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Thanks for letting me know that there is a place to give feedback. I will certainly make a suggestion about the few things that just won't work in any browser other than IE. Maybe they will get a redesign and I can stop telling folks to use IE. 
    Monday, January 28, 2019 1:45 PM
  • Hi RCDAWebmaster, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:12 AM