none
missing visio install disk

Question

• Hello,
    we have a licensed copy of visio 2000, however the install disk has disapeared.  I have the sleeve with the product key, but no disk.  does anyone know if visio 2000 is downloadable anywhere on the technet site?  I clicked on the visio link from the downloads page, but it just keeps bringing me back to the main downloads page.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies

• still haven't been able to get to the visio page - go here and click on Visio:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/bb403698.aspx

it just brings you back to the same page.

Also,
    I downloaded and installed the Visio 2007 Viewer, but when I click on any visio document, it brings up IE with on a red X in the upper left corner, instead of showing me the visio doc.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

thanks
    Bill
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:13 PM
  • I doubt that you will find Visio 2000 anywhere, at least on the Microsoft site.  I am pretty sure support for Visio 2000 has been discontinued.

The Visio Viewer does run inside IE, but I don't know why it won't show your drawing.  The viewer should show any drawings that were created with Visio 5 or later.  Was your file created with Visio 5 or a later version?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:42 PM
  • they were all created with visio 2000.  Interestingly, after several visio viewer updates and patches courtesy of microsoft update, they are all now showing up in IE.

the visio link on the technet downloads page still isn't working, tho....
    Friday, January 15, 2010 2:37 PM
  • You also run into the issue that it was during that time that M$ purchased Visio. The license may not be a M$ license.
    al
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:22 PM