none
SharePoint 2013 – SharePoint timer service keeps stopping. RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint timer service keeps stopping on WFE (getting stopped immediately after is start it). it is working fine on App server (my farm has one App server and one WFE).

Below is the error message in ULS logs before the timer service is being stopped.

• Adding <<Account>> to local group WSS_ADMIN_WPG.
        • Adding <<Account>> to local group IIS_WPG.

Below timer job from CA is being aborted every time the timer job is being stopped:-

• Windows Service "SPTimerV4" Credential Deployment

I have done the below troubleshooting :

1. Timer service account that is running the timer job is part of machine administrators group, WSS_ADMIN_WPG group and IIS_WPG on both the servers
        2. Timer service account is present in Local security policies->user rights assignments->Log on as service.
        3. Timer service account is the farm setup account and has dbowner access on all the farm databases (Config, admin content and service app DBs)
        4. Timer service account has the shell admin access.
    • I have restarted the server and ran PSconfig but nothing helped.

Can you guide me how I can resolve this issue.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:55 AM

All replies

• Try deactivating and activating the publishing feature in all the site collections for all the Web Applications. Usually this happens with developers code issue.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have detached all the content DBs. I only have one custom solution and I have removed it as well.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:06 AM
  • can you share IIS Logs along with event viewer logs.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:15 AM
  • timer service is running fine after deleting the one-time timer job Windows Service "SPTimerV4" Credential Deployment
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Hi TheSharePointGuy,

It is very happy that you have resolved your problem.

Thank you for your sharing and it will help others have the same issue.

And you could mark your reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:39 AM